Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-16 (Read 305 times)

Bugs

Well, I think you all are crazy. 'Cept maybe Lou and Bugs. Wink
    Wow, someone actually thinks I might NOT be crazy. Yahoo. Smile I ran 6.5 mile at 9:15 pace tonight, felt way easy. Suppose to run the hills tomorrow, although I feel like I've run enough dam hills the last few days and should fartlek instead, and I might. Tonight had to doctor up two runners, married couple. One is long distance runner with classic achilles injury, she got the butter knife treatment. She'd be running tomorrow but she's got a hair appointment. Roll eyes Other has been building miles and got a knee just like tyapper. He had a bump right above the knee. I just had to ask, yup knot right there. Butter knifed it out Going to wear the knee brace. The marathon runner has an appointment with graston doc but we're hoping to save the money. My bet they'll both be running by the weekend. Big grin Murphy, Sometimes I don't get the log updated right away so instead of letting everyone think I'm not running I just hide it. I also hide it when I'm sick, kind of like eating when no one is watching.

Bugs

Cashmason

so, Cash, what you are saying is don't look to my log for ways to train?? Tongue
      No I look at your pic in the blue outfit, because thats a lot cuter than your log. My friend Charlotte says that I am as deep as a puddle after a 30 second rain shower.
      Cashmason

7.24 miles in an hour even.
        evanflein

Bugs, just remember... crazy is all relative.
            I find myself being a little disappointed Erika doesn't think I'm crazy. That just shows (like she said) crazy is relative (sorry Bugs -- you're in, too). Speaking of which, up again at 3:45 for another 8 miles -- now my wife is definitely crazy -- she was up almost at the same time and isn't running today. "I'm tapering", she said. I guess she has "stuff" to do -- whatever that is. All week in all day meetings with the customer, ugh. At least I get to present today and tomorrow so I will get to stand a bit and rest my back. MTA: 8.1 miles, 1:05:41, 8:05/mi, AHR 149 (76% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cashmason

I think Erika meant to say anyone related to her is crazy. Therefore, her running daughters Bugs and Shan must be crazy.... Wink Bugs, no I dont think you are crazy. What you have been doing makes sense. Got a call from a friend last night at midnight. She was in the hospital with possible appendicitis. Asked me if I would cover her 5 30 am spin class. Yay for 4 hours sleep. Hopefully, it turns out to be nothing serious, but better to be safe.

Oh Mighty Wing

so I got up got ready and went to school to run. Ran a couple of steps decided my legs are tired and I didn't really need to run 3 times today - certainly not on 6 hours of sleep and so I went into the locker room curled up on the futon and slept for 40 minutes until a colleague woke me up! I needed that I felt soo much better!! So hopefully my run after school and the group run tonight will go well.
                  Hope your friend is alright and doesn't need surgery Cash! I can't imagine getting up so early let alone while tapering Lou. NUTS I tell you Tongue. Course if that's what I had to do to get my run in each day. BOOM I'd be doing it. I'll be heading to a friends this morning to get 10 miles worth of hills in, CAN"T WAIT. Hope everyone has a GREAT hump day!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Hym... if I'm crazy I need to start doing crazy things. I plan my races with great care. Shannon and Erika both seemed to excel with the multiple marathon plan. Maybe it's time to go wild.

Bugs

Kimmie

I think you're all crazy ....Smile but on a different topic altogether.... what time are you guys going to the EXPO? I will be there, depending on traffic, around 12:30. And then I really want to try to find everyone before the start- especially since Shan ditched me. First Bugs is not coming, then Shan.... i'm starting to get a complex. Clowning around Didn't run yesterday at all.... you people are so much more dedicated than I am. I guess if I had gotten up at 3:45 I could have done it. I chose going out to lunch with friends to celebrate St. Patty's Day instead of running. I will run today.... hopefully later when the fog lifts. I'm thinking ahead to this 24 hour relay and I seriously want to ramp up my miles. Maybe I need to sign up for a marathon to stay focused.Big grin So Bugs, did I understand correctly that you were butter knifing some friends? That's cool... still sounds painful though. Cash, sorry to hear about your friend, hope it's nothing too serious. I wish I could take your spin class. I never seem to be able to find time to take spin anymore.

Dave

Kimmie, I think the big gaggle will occur at 6:30 at the left side of the armory. You're welcome to go out with AmoresPeres and I. I'm guessing we'll be a minute or so under 1:45 at the half. Before the big blow up Smile I think I've decided to run without the HRM. Not sure I want to know this time.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Thanks Dave. I do want to start out with you guys and I will know right away if it's too aggressive for me. Will you try to run with the 3:30 pacer?

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - I'm sorry!!! I'm not ditching you at the race - I'm gonna run you know as close behind you as I can... haha well if I can!! I'm leaving here at 2:30 so I should be down there by 4:30... but I'm not really sure what i'm doing yet. I might have to pick a friend up at the airport and drive him around... really I don't know.... I'm just showing up - that's my only plan. Everything else is gravy.
                            Kimmie

Shan, that's my lame attempt at humor....

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, that's my lame attempt at humor....
                                oh ok! as long as you aren't mad... as you can see I'm very noncommital with the whole thing! And I don't like to impose my ways on others who might be planners.