Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-16 (Read 305 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

2.5 miles sandwiched by fast paced warm up and cool down walks for a total of 4.16 miles.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hail to The Victors!

10 miles today @ almost 8:00 pace spot on. Last nice day here for awhile. It's going to be back in the upper 30s near 40 for the next few days. (Read: back to average). The 60's were nice while they lasted.

Bugs

So, you spread warm butter over the sore knee? Do you need jelly, too?
        I've never done knees. I just asked (didn't touch his knee that might get me in trouble with wife) if he had any knots above the knee. He had one. We used olive oil as lub and used the opposite side of the butter knife to rub it out. If you have scar tissue crap a rolling pin will not break it up. I had a lot of injuries fixed with a therapy called "Graston". This is the poor man's version, and how the Doc. Graston (the guy invented it) started fixing himself. Then he developed tools, and the tools are better than the kitchen utensils, but this is free.

Bugs

Bugs

The plan changed again. Dam I liked Thursday being an easy day. Just as well as I think I need a semi-rest day.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

man we have some great running going on!!! 5 this evening putting me at 9 and change for the day.
              No time to play here today -- all day meeting, then went out with come colleagues. Just got home and it's time for bed. Rinse and repeat.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

No time to play here today -- all day meeting, then went out with come colleagues. Just got home and it's time for bed. Rinse and repeat.
                well thanks for the drive by!!! Big grin
                Kimmie

hey National peeps- if we want to go to lunch on Saturday, I looked up a few places online and this place looked good http://www.mrhenrysrestaurant.com/ Decent reviews and about 1.5 miles from the finish or so... I've not been there- just basing on what I read. I could call and make a reservation. Or we could play it by ear.Smile
                  Cashmason

Sounds kinky ........................ come colleagues?
                    Cashmason

Shan, how was the bike ride?
                      evanflein

I've gotten in early (for me) runs the last few days. I'm no WRFB, and early for me means hitting the roads (sidewalk?) by 7:30 am.... but I want it to be light out when I start. 9.5 yesterday, and 10.2 today. Tomorrow will be shorter, just 5 miles or so, and I'll keep the pace easy after today's 8:30 average. I can't tell Tuesday's pace, really, because I didn't have my Garmin so just checked start and end times, and I'd stopped a lot to check my map, the scenery, text DH, etc. Gotta play tourist every now and then. Today was amazing. Visited the Trade Show today, focused on athletic clubs and fitness businesses. Lots of "well-conditioned" people around. I'm used to being one of the more buff women in any crowd, but I felt like a total wimp next to some of these Jillian Michaels wannabe's. One demonstrator was saying you wanted their product because people could get a good workout on it in less time, causing less wear and tear on the equipment so you wouldn't have to replace it as often. Interesting angle. Buy our stuff cuz people will use it less. Hmmmm.
                          haha "come colleagues". We finished our meeting early at 5pm. One of my colleagues said they were going to dogfish head (DFH) -- a local brewery outlet. I IM'd my wife asking her whether she was ready to leave (we work for the same company and normally drive together). She said she's not done, she'd be ready to leave at 6. I said ok I'm going to DFH with a few people. All of a sudden she was done and ready to leave and drink beer -- funny that. Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

haha "come colleagues". We finished our meeting early at 5pm. One of my colleagues said they were going to dogfish head (DFH) -- a local brewery outlet. I IM'd my wife asking her whether she was ready to leave (we work for the same company and normally drive together). She said she's not done, she'd be ready to leave at 6. I said ok I'm going to DFH with a few people. All of a sudden she was done and ready to leave and drink beer -- funny that. Smile
                            sounds like you are one lucky man!!!! What a woman!!! Big grin Cash - I went half a mile when I got it home - just around the neighborhood - I probably looked very funny - I was very wobbly. The speed (and no i wasn't going fast) scares me a little - stupid mental baggage. And speed bumbs hurt - no I couldn't get around them! So, yeah, overall it was fun! I'll definitely get on it again. Hopefully soon, time in the afternoon is an issue for me and I won't ride in the dark (at least not until I LOVE it)
                              Yeah, I am definitely a lucky man. 3.1 miles, 29:38, 9:27/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR) Oh, Kimmie - Mr. Henry's looks fine to me. If they take reservations for lunch I think that would be great.
                              I've gotten in early (for me) runs the last few days. I'm no WRFB, and early for me means hitting the roads (sidewalk?) by 7:30 am....
                              I find this pretty funny. Whenever anyone says it's cold out, they're quick to say -- well, not as cold as Erika would see. So now when people run early, it's not as early as me (or PDR). hehhehheh

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah it's fun that you two have been deemed certain positions in our group!! Smile hehe