Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/22 (Read 248 times)

Happy Camper

Thanks, that helps to hear. I saw lots of people have a tough day so I could hardly feel sorry for myself. I would have loved to drop out/walk it out with Trent, and run a marathon down the road but there is not much till fall for fast marathons. (I don't have the legs or the guts of Erika, Pam or you to run one of those crazy hilly trail marathons, which we do have in the summer.... NO THANK YOU)

If Marathon Maniacs has ever been tempting you could come run in Kirksville, MO with me on July 3rd. I think it would just be inside the 16 day criteria for the second one.   It's not that far south of DesMoines.  Just ask Willa.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hawt and sexy

I have been to Kirksville. If I recall correctly, Mom graduated college there. But, I once ventured past Lancaster, MO to Kirksville after a fireworks/beer run. I bet a bought at least one carton of smokes too. I was a smoker back then. Just head on down the highway. When you see Vera Small's This and That, you have less than 20 miles to go until you hit Kirksville. Beware the patchwork road though. I grew up in southeast IA. So we went to MO to do bad things that you can't do/buy in IA. Did you know that having a tiny ladyfinger firecracker is a felony in IA?  And the beer has more alcohol in MO. The smokes were cheaper by a bunch. So was gasoline. But I would never transport fireworks, alcohol, or tobacco over a state line. That is definitely a felony.

I am to the point where after I come home from a run, I melt into a puddle in front of the tv for a bit. Then I eat. Then I realize I ain't dead. Ugh.

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If Marathon Maniacs has ever been tempting you could come run in Kirksville, MO with me on July 3rd. I think it would just be inside the 16 day criteria for the second one.   It's not that far south of DesMoines.  Just ask Willa.

How did DesMoines come up?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hawt and sexy

Earthquake?

I'm touching your pants.

evanflein

I did get out for a run after work, and no thunderstorms to be found. Yay! 10.1 miles @ 8:08 avg pace (8:20's on the uphill and just under 8's on the downhills), rolling hills, 78°F and only 22% humidity. Yikes. I felt pretty parched at mile 8 where I did stop and drink some water from the outdoor faucet at my parents' house. Two more miles and I was more than done.

We've got another wildfire (or two) growing just a few miles south of here. With this dry weather, it'll grow pretty fast I bet. Another reason to run a little longer than I'd first planned tonight... not sure how the conditions will be tomorrow!

Happy Camper

I have been to Kirksville. If I recall correctly, Mom graduated college there. But, I once ventured past Lancaster, MO to Kirksville after a fireworks/beer run. I bet a bought at least one carton of smokes too. I was a smoker back then. Just head on down the highway. When you see Vera Small's This and That, you have less than 20 miles to go until you hit Kirksville. Beware the patchwork road though. I grew up in southeast IA. So we went to MO to do bad things that you can't do/buy in IA. Did you know that having a tiny ladyfinger firecracker is a felony in IA?  And the beer has more alcohol in MO. The smokes were cheaper by a bunch. So was gasoline. But I would never transport fireworks, alcohol, or tobacco over a state line. That is definitely a felony.

I am to the point where after I come home from a run, I melt into a puddle in front of the tv for a bit. Then I eat. Then I realize I ain't dead. Ugh.

This is just too funny for words.  We use to run up to Iowa for beer because  you only had to be 18 back then.  Fireworks were crap though, they only would let you buy sparklers.  Kind of like  having 3.2% beer. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

First run since Monday.  Short and easy - 30 minutes, but by the sweat coverage when I got back, you'd have thought I'd run a marathon.  Felt good to run again.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

That is a family weekend. But the thought is interesting, I feel good, which means I really screwed this one up. sigh.. Sad

Erika, how do the wild fires usually start?

Willa, you land in jail I'll send you cookies.

Another 4 mile run today. No issues.

Bugs

Hey guys with kids out of school I don't get much reading time or posting time even.

Anyway I signed up for a trail 30k this weekend. The same one I injured my ankle on in 2007 in training for my 3 marathons in 3 months. This time I won't be racing. I'm meeting some friends before the race, running for an hour or so and then running after the 30k. I think the plan is to run somewhere around 30 miles. Wish me luck!

BTW Way to run smart Bugs!! It always sucks when something happens but that's the nature of the marathon. 

Anyway kids are "patiently" waiting to go to the pool. Guess I should get my butt ready.

Hope everyone's enjoying their week!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Thanks Pam! Really I'm in good spirits about it all.

What is the correct thing to say when you get caught pooping by a tree by another runner? I said "Hi' and kept doing my business.

Bugs

Hawt and sexy

Well, you should wave too...

I'm touching your pants.

theyapper

On the road again...

Well, you should wave too...

Only if you have a firm grip on the tree with the other hand...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

I'm seriously afraid I'm going to jail one day. See Erika doesn't have this problem because it is always dark in Alaska.

Bugs

Hawt and sexy

Well, it's easy to do your business and keep covered in the skirt/spankes combo. Somehow, I am not worried about going to jail for pooping during a race. If they don't have port-o-potties, they usually don't have the manpower required to put me in jail. And the cops I see in my training area smile and wave. With the weather lately, I have considered running topless. that might put me in jail; but, if that did happen, you could add PA to the list of states where topless women are legal. I would see to it personally, after arrest. Smile

I'm touching your pants.

Bugs

This was just a training run. I pooped by that tree all winter long at the same time, where was that dude when it was cold out? I miss winter.

Bugs