Marathon Trainers

Mission Impossible - Getting Down to Race Weight (Read 578 times)

evanflein

I just jot things down on paper. I find a lot of those online diaries hard because I don't eat much processed food, and make my own recipes. So "lasagna" in any variation on those web sites probably isn't what I eat. So I fiddle around and come up with an estimate and write it down. Also, I can take my notepad with me anywhere... not true of my computer. Of course, if I actually DID write down what I eat it would probably help tremendously. But I'm not very consistent with it.

Oh Mighty Wing

I don't keep track. I get crazy when I keep track and food becomes an enemy and not fuel... food is fuel... I think I need more protein.

Bugs

I went with dailyplate.com, it has a bigger food database. Sometimes I have to guess on some "recipes". I try not to get anal about it.

Bugs

Happy Camper

I use SparkPeople. It works to lose weight with. I do tend to get into a rut with variety because I get tired of adding new foods. I'm already on day 2 of eating the same things.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

Starting Weight: 188 Current Weight: 183.4 Goal 12/31/08: 175

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie

137 today thanks Bugs!

Bugs

Pleasantly surprised to be down to 121. Will look at the spreadsheet again this weekend. Again trend weight would be really useful.

Bugs

evanflein

I was pleasantly surprised to be 144.5 this morning. So it took me a full week to get back down to my "pre-trip" weight, and that's with a marathon thrown in there. Geez.
                      ugh. 193.3. I had been down around 190 this week. Travelling for work and not enough running conspired against me.

Bugs

Good Job EVERYONE. It was a tough week with halloween and all the candy that comes with it. I'm hoping to have two weeks of really being careful so that I can induge just a little bit more when the Christmas parties happen. (Plus some of those may require little black sexy dress.) Murphy, don't sweat it. I was up mid-week, it is normal. If anyone wants to start tracking their own trend weight you can use the David Hayes log. I've done that before, log daily, and watch trend weight daily. It helps.

Bugs

Kimmie

what's the David Hayes log? Did you already mention this? I just came from dinner... two glasses of wine, petite filet mignon, mashed potatoes, couple of bites of brownie... not good, not careful.... I need to run 10 miles this weekend to try to make up for it a little bit. So whatever weight loss i've had is out the window... at least that's how it works for me.
                          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

224 Gained one, but I don't think it's real. Had sushi last night and, while that's pretty reasonable for calories, the high sodium makes for water retention. I had been down two earlier this week. That being said, it is what it is and it is 224.
                            Cashmason

I love the David Hays log, and it has trend weight and trend weight chart as well. It is an excel spread sheet, and is a free download off the Internet. You can just google David Hays running log. Only bad thing about it, is you have to re download it every Jan 1 and start all over. But it does a lot of neat things like log your shoe mileage for up to 4 pairs of shoes. It keeps track of your lifetime miles as well as annual and monthly miles. You do have to tell it how many miles you have run before to keep track of lifetime mileage. It also has the Parrot predictor. This takes your fastest 26.2 miles for the week and estimates your predicted marathon time from that. It also tracks your weight and trend weight. Plus it was written for Ecel 97, so sometimes it acts funny with a newer version, but for the most part still works. If you know your mileage for the year, you can download the excel sheet now and just put in how ever many miles you have run this year and lifetime. Same for shoes, If you have 200 miles on your current shoes, put that in and it will give you running totals for that pair of shoes from now on. It will also calculate your average pace for each run, just put in your time and distance. You can also put in the type of run, easy, long, tempo, interval or Race, and it will give you charts for that too. And you can put in comments. If it is hot or windy, I put in that data, So I dont wonder next month why one pace is so much slower than the same run previously. And I can put in that the run was around the park or out on the river trail. They have different terrain, so later I can compare running times over the same course. It also records heart rate, if you like that sort of thing. 174 pounds for me today. I have been in the same range for months now. Guess I need to eat less.
                              Cashmason

"Template created by David S. Hays Template created by David S. Hays, dhays@davidhays.net