Marathon Trainers

Mission Impossible - Getting Down to Race Weight (Read 578 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Doing well overall. Put on a few holiday pounds but they're gone plus one more. On pace to hit goal weight in March.
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Stupid effing plateau. Been stuck 209-211 since Thanksgiving. I want to be 1XX so bad and I'm having a hard time focusing on my nutrition to get me there.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr I - i'm sorry you are stuck on a plateau!! I wish I had some advice to hel p you get off of it
          Down to 190.2. Hopefully I can get solidly into the 180's and be low 180s for National. I have been drinking way to much Coke zero though. I think stress leads me to wanting the caffeine/artificial sweetness.

Oh Mighty Wing

my weight seems to have stopped... could this be race weight??
              I know I lose real easy to a point, then its tough. But I know I have more to lose. You are probably eating a bit more since you are running more. It is actually very difficult to lose weight by just running after you get rid of the 'easy' pounds. If you arent already, make sure you eat breakfast--that will get your metabolism going. I also noticed when I stopped gaining weight while I was running, I was still losing inches.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks Murph! The scale dropped again today... who know's - i'm not really concerned - I just think it's interesting to keep track of it all! However, I am closing in on the need to buy some new garments - DH will not be thrilled.
                Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I think I broke through the plateau, but am waiting to see a little more steady progress before I really rejoice. I'm at 206 this morning. Looks like I'm in pace to be below 200 later this month. It will be the first time I've been under 200 in over 14 years. I've stopped logging my food. I think I've got it about locked in so I won't need to do that anymore. If I stall, I'll go back to it but I think I'm ok for now.

Oh Mighty Wing

WWWWWOOOOOHHHHOOOOO Mr. I!!!! I'm going to rejoice for you! You are doing so great! And I think it's awesome that you think you are doing well enough to move away from food logging. That is very cool and a big step!! I hope it continues to go well!

Happy Camper

Nice job MrI! 184.2. Scale is slowly starting to show a lower number again. Next week will be all about keeping the yo-yo weight from going back up.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Great job Inertia. I restarted today and finally started logging. DH's birthday and he wanted pizza, I insisted on size that was only large enough for the three guys. No left overs. Now I have to go make b-day cake, and I know I have no calories allowed for even a bite. MTA: OK, I had one small slice of thin crust pizza and tried to get generous logging it. I had a 3 egg white & 1 whole egg, pepper omlet before hand. Link doesn't seem to work: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Bugs3472

Bugs

Cashmason

Triathlete sayings: You can't out train a bad diet. Meaning no how hard you work out, you can't lose weight if you eat too many calories. Inches before pounds. Meaning most people, especially women, lose inches before the scale goes down. If the scale doesnt move, but you can get into your skinny jeans, even if you need to hold your breath, you are making progress. Bugs did exactly the right thing. It is ok to eat something bad once or twice a week as long as you don't go overboard. One piece of pizza is ok. A couple of cookies are ok. What is not ok it to think, I blew my diet, I might as well eat the whole box of cookies. It is easy to recover from eating 500 extra calories once a week. Not so easy to recover if you go over by 3000 calories.

Bugs

Thanks Cash, I also did not have a latte when I wanted one, and in the afternoon would have loved to eat crap but had strawberries instead. I was lucky DS-6yr old did not ask for cookies in the grocery store, would have done me in.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I think it's all about making smart choices. I'm a big fan of everything in moderation. My own eating habits (I hate calling it a diet because it really was just a life style change) was the right decision for me. For years i've been working to find eating habits that made me happy - I tried vegetarianism, no sugar, calorie counting, no processed food (or at least as much as I could). Currently I am happy with my eating habits, but I would never encourage someone else to follow them who wasn't already eating pretty close to that way or who was looking at it for losing weight. I think we all need to find our own eating paths.

Bugs

I think we all need to find our own eating paths.
                                or we could just drink more beer and eat less. Big grin

Bugs