Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/3 (Read 310 times)

Bugs

Erika, I thought maybe you'd tell me I'm nuts for evening thinking BQ, thanks for not doing that BTW. This marathon is six months away and I'll narrow down on a goal closer to but for now I'm letting myself believe it might be possible. I probably wouldn't even be thinking about it but my good friend, whom I share very similiar PRs wtih is trying to BQ, while I want her to do great I don't want to be 15 minutes slower that day because I sat on the couch eating Halloween candy all winter. Cash, That was interesting. I've beat the 5K time required and my 10K, and 15K are real close. (I wish there were more HMs around here.) I agree that the endurance runs take a toll. Look at me, I'm back up to 50 mpw but the runs are spreadout all week, much easier than when I had the 20 mile runs in a 60 mile week, although I ran so many dam 20 mile runs they weren't that hard either.

Bugs

Bugs

Kimmie, Do your pass ball between arms and legs like shown here: http://www.criticalbench.com/exercises/stability-ball-abs.htm At first I did more a "throw" and then I found this and did a pass. The first was more fun. I may be sore tomorrow. Big grin

Bugs

Bugs

Shan, I didn't know you and Trent were tight? A weekend together eh????

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, I didn't know you and Trent were tight? A weekend together eh????
          oh yeah! When I went to Nashville in August I ran with Trent, JK, Iwonthewest, TanyaS, and Casa. It was AWESOME!! That's why I decided to run the Monkey.

Bugs

oh yeah! When I went to Nashville in August I ran with Trent, JK, Iwonthewest, TanyaS, and Casa. It was AWESOME!! That's why I decided to run the Monkey.
            Very cool. You're running the Monkey next year?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Very cool. You're running the Monkey next year?
              That a definite possibility. It just depends on where life takes me between now and next August! It sells out in a day (unless you are a MM) so even though it's not till November I need to know my thought begining of August - which is why I signed up for it this year - in August it looked like I had a great shot at it...
              Kimmie

Kimmie, Do your pass ball between arms and legs like shown here: http://www.criticalbench.com/exercises/stability-ball-abs.htm At first I did more a "throw" and then I found this and did a pass. The first was more fun. I may be sore tomorrow. Big grin
                Yes, that website explains it exactly..... golly bugs, you're going to make me go do abs... just to keep up with you. Smile

Bugs

golly bugs, you're going to make me go do abs... just to keep up with you. Smile
                  YES!10 minutes everyday, one day 30 minutes...it's part of the plan now. Big grin I feel like a bum, I have a stuffy miserable sneezing nose and didn't run at noon. I will tonight. All the stores have x-mas open house tonight and I'm in a panic to slather my hosue with garland before my x-mas party.

Bugs

evanflein

Christmas?? You've got to be kidding me. No way till after Thanksgiving!! Angry
                    Kimmie

Ran 4.5 miles today- was supposed to be easy but had an 8 min. mile in the middle... the pace was all over the place... sometimes not really "easy" but not a concentrated tempo run either... I guess you could call it fartlek... but I only sped up when I felt like it. And regarding whether or not to do abs every day- I've heard both schools of thought... Some say that abs are a muscle group like any other- doing too much will be counterproductive... others say that the abs are incredibly difficult to work to failure, unlike other muscle groups. So, my recommendation is that if you're not sore, then you can do abs every day. Pretty soon, Bugs, you're going to have to post a picture of your abs like RockenMama! And I'm with Erika... Christmas? I still have my Halloween decor up! Of course, I had time for a run, but I don't have time to take that stuff down. and Shan, I would LOVE to run the Monkey some day! where's dave? Do you think I ran him off? Smile

Bugs

Christmas?? You've got to be kidding me. No way till after Thanksgiving!! Angry
                        The party might be December 4th, the weekend before is Thanksgiving and I'll be out of town.

Bugs

Bugs

you're going to have to post a picture of your abs like RockenMama!
                          Well it would be a before picture. Are those really hers??? ? With those abs exercises, I still have to core too or does ab always hit the core?
                          where's dave? Do you think I ran him off? Smile
                          I bet his knee is hurting. Hope not though.

Bugs

Kimmie

? With those abs exercises, I still have to core too or does ab always hit the core? .
                            Ab work is core work. Basically, your ab routine should have something that hits upper, lower, obliques and lower back. that is your core... some are better than others. I looked back at what I wrote and realized that I didn't even describe them very well. let me know if you have any questions. and just pay attention to how you feel... I'm guessing you're probably pretty strong already, but if you ever feel like your back is engaging or arching when you're doing an ab exercise, then you should stop. The reason why you feel your back engage is your abs are not strong enough to do that exercise- it's too advanced. But I don't know your strength level. You sound like you're doing great with it. I hope Dave is OK.

Oh Mighty Wing

Are those really hers??? .
                              yes they are. I've seen them IRL. She useto do a lot of core, not as much any more. She chalks it all up to low body fat.
                              evanflein