Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/3 (Read 310 times)

Bugs

Ab work is core work. Basically, your ab routine should have something that hits upper, lower, obliques and lower back. that is your core... some are better than others. I looked back at what I wrote and realized that I didn't even describe them very well. let me know if you have any questions. and just pay attention to how you feel... I'm guessing you're probably pretty strong already, but if you ever feel like your back is engaging or arching when you're doing an ab exercise, then you should stop. The reason why you feel your back engage is your abs are not strong enough to do that exercise- it's too advanced. But I don't know your strength level.
    Do you recommend the BOSU? I don't have one of those. I like having the list, thanks. I can google what I don't understand. I may end up buying some ab DVDs, but it's nice to be able to do some workouts and watch TV at the same time. I had a tiny six pack once, ya I was thin but I did ab workout everyday, so it is possible even for walking marshmellows like me.

Bugs

Kimmie

I think the BOSU is a great tool. But if you have a stability ball you don't really NEED a BOSU. In fact, you don't really need any equipment to work your abs, as you know. The cool thing about the BOSU is all the different things you can do with it. It's good if you get bored easily, like I do.

Happy Camper

Christmas?? You've got to be kidding me. No way till after Thanksgiving!! Angry

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

no one ran me off. Strange day at work and a last minute trip. Knee is alright but everything else is thrashed after crossfit yesterday. Will try and run from my hotel in the morning before work.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Erika: Just read the RR for NYC. Congrats and WTG for finding a way to get out there and take advantage of the opportunity.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

3 and change today.

Bugs

Kimmie, Abs did not want to play tonight, not sure I made it 5 minutes. Sad Yes I DO get bored, I will probably get the BOSU. 1st Christmas tree is up. The house is covered in garland. Smile

Bugs

Cashmason

Erika, What area of Brooklyn does your niece live in? My Uncle had a very nice house in Bay Ridge, which is in the southern part of Brooklyn, overlooking the East River. I spent several summers there as a kid. I also spent a ton of time anywhere south of the northern end of Central Park, down to the Wall Street Area.

Bugs

no one ran me off. Strange day at work and a last minute trip.
                    New boss giving you a hard time already? Wink

Bugs

Kimmie

Bugs, if you get the BOSU, let me know if they sell the DVD with Patrick Goudeau. He is awesome. I love his workouts. Ran very easy today for 3 miles with a friend who needed to walk some, which was fine, because I'm still attempting to take it easy until next week.
                      evanflein

Cash, Lauren lives in south Brooklyn also, very close to Coney Island. East 7th St, near Kings Hwy... was a short walk to the kings hwy subway stop for the Q train into the city. 50 minutes on the stationary bike last night, then weights and ab crunches on the stability ball. No pool running, ran out of time. Today I'm going to go to the new Express Club (read: no showers) at lunch to see if they have a rowing machine. If not, I'll do more on the bike. When my legs feel more recovered I'm going to start up with leg strength work again. I think lack of that contributed to my quad soreness during and after NYC. I checked out the Bosu balancer once, figured it'd be a nice complement to my ball for my "home gym" (or eclectic assortment of equipment scattered around the house), but they're expensive! So I said "pass." I do use it at the gym though... standing on that doing curls/overhead presses is fun. Squats, too. Weee!
                          bad week other than the 12 miles I got in Monday. Didnt run Tuesday. Only got in 2 miles Wednesday on treadmill- Cant stand the treadmill. Working and travelling yesterday and didnt run. Will get out today. My goal above all else is to not go 2 days without running. Also got hit with a steel beam just below the knee. Nice bruise there, but I dont think it will affect my running.

Oh Mighty Wing

Dang Murphy steel beams don't sound like something i'd want to come into contact with! 2 more for me today folks... that makes 12.9 for the week so far - the highest i've been since the last week in august!

Bugs

Kimmie, Is that this guy? If I get it, I will get DVD too, it'll keep me entertained and focused. Erika, Good workout at the gym. Murphy, Geez, becareful. Next week will be better. Shan, Good work. Nice miles. I had the crazy idea to start drinking coffee this week, not for me. I can't do the caffenine and no de-caf at work. I am on the downer side of it all now and need a nap. AND MY ABS HURTS. I order the McMillian Core DVD today.

Bugs

Happy Camper

Nice goin' Shan! 8&change for me today. Hope to break 50 for the week. Not bad for missing Monday and Tuesday. Bought the basic Perfect Pushup today.