Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/3 (Read 310 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Mmmm...hardware. Nice one Bugs. 12 today on the treadmill. Wasn't sure how far I was going to run, so I just hedged my bet figuring I'd just get off when I was done running.

Oh Mighty Wing

wow mr I NICE WORK!!
      Cashmason

Congrats on the hardware Bugs.

Bugs

Shan, There are days as a runner you need to pay your dues and other days like race day you get rewarded. My recommendation is tomorrow you pay your dues so your 10K is a reward not a punishment. Wink Inertia, Nice Miles!

Bugs

Cashmason

Good job Mr. I.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, There are days as a runner you need to pay your dues and other days like race day you get rewarded. My recommendation is tomorrow you pay your dues so your 10K is a reward not a punishment. Wink
              Oh I will get this done today. I have major PR plans - that will not happen if I don't get some of my runs up!!

Oh Mighty Wing

6 and change!!! I ran with a friend who kept track as I messed up with my garmin at some point. She had us tagged at 6.3 in 1:09. But she stopped clock for walk breaks. So we called it 6.5 and I guesstimated 1:12:00!! We were chatting the whole way!! So that was a conversational and hilly!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Bugs

Great Work Shan! I thought of you as I was doing my warm-up on TM this morning and pondered, "Will Shannon run today". I think you have lots of PRs ahead of you, just keep up the good work.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Aww thanks Bugs!! I thought of you too!! Although it was at the end when I knew I'd be able to come back and tell you I did it!! So Bugs - you said you don't wear a watch for 5K's?? I'm gonna do a turkey trot and go for broke - I was thinking the watch would probably be a bad idea as it might cause me to hold back. And may I say that your running has just been amazing lately!
                      Great Job Shan! I was hoping you'd get it in today, but never had much doubt. 21.4 for the week is a great number, congrats! Bugs - Congrats on the win! The taper is killing me. I did my last "long run" on Friday because I can run the end of the marathon from work (the hilly part). Felt really odd not running yesterday, but I've decided to just run every other day from now until next Sunday. Shin's feeling much better, not too worried about it for the race. Seems like my mind created all sorts of aches before my last one, too. If you trust weather forecasts a week out (I don't, but it doesn't stop me from looking), it looks to be perfect conditions. Somewhere between 35 and 45 for the low, and a high in the low 60s. Can't complain about that at all! Well, back to finding something to keep my occupied. Just got done blowing the leaves in the yard. Think DW has assigned me bathrooms to clean, yipee!

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks Brian!! Glad your shins are feeling better - maybe the aches and pains are from not running... like our bodies get use to all the running and then when a break comes along the body doesn't like it. Bodies don't like change.

Dave

Hang in there Brian. Tapers suck but they pay off. I'm a believer. Nice to see you get that run in Shan. Off now to DC for 10ish and a beer call.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

42.8 miles on the bike today with Brenda. That woman flies. She does 22 mph into the wind on the small ring.( Small ring is the easy, slow gear. Hate to see what she could do in the big ring which is a faster gear). I think she has 2 ounces of body fat. Didn't hit the hills until mile 34. My quads are fried, in a good way.
                            Kimmie

no running for me yesterday or today. Yesterday was soccer madness and then my DH left town... And today was busy anyway. I could have "squeezed" a run in by getting a babysitter or having friends watch the kiddos, but I am actually OK with two days off in a row, because pretty soon, it's going to be heavy duty training time again. Brian, what marathon are you running? I'm with Dave, taper is good. I also had mysterious aches and pains but they all went away race day. Cash, nice ride. Mr. I, impressive that you ran 12 miles on a treadmill. Dave, how did the 10 miler go? I'm sure it was fun.

Oh Mighty Wing

cash that sounds like a long ride! is it?