Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/8 (Read 247 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

I took 2nd in the athena division!!!! Chip time - 57.22!!!!
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Shan's a speedie McSpeederton! The cold is really starting to get to me and it's not even that bad yet. Part of it's the weight loss. I don't know how you skinnies cope. Yesterday was in the 20s and, while I eventually settled in and was ok, the first 10 min of my run I just wanted to cry and call it a day. I have a Y membership, but they don't open until after 5:00 so I can't get a sizeable run in on the TM before work. I had forgotten just how bad training for a Spring marathon sucks and it's been less than a year.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - but think of how tough you are!!! You didn't give up or give into your bed! You stuck with it and THAT's AWESOME!!! GUESS WHAT!!! I won an award - I didn't stay because I didn't think I stood a shot! But I won one and I talked to the race director and he said I can still pick up my award!! I can get it Thursday!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!

Dave

Enjoy the award, Shan. That is really cool. I wonder if they weighed you in after the race if you would've qualified? You're going to have to do the exact opposite of wrestlers to keep winning in that division (carbo/water loading to get over 150 and then dropping back after the weigh in). Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

hahaha technically when I signed up I was 153! If I'm gonna lose weight it just means I have to get faster so next time I place in my age group!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Bugs

Shan, That's awesome, what did you win? I run one group with weight prices. I need to be over 125 to win. The little 100 pound girls are really fast, hate them. Smile Murphy, That's a big time improvement awesome. Erika, We got slammed with snow. I feel your pain. Party was nice, weather kept some people at home. DH won major brownie points by keeping the real fireplace going, and then cleaning the ladies cars. Not a non-alcholic drinker in the bunch, but my vodka slush went better than the wine. What do I do with 3 bottles of open wine and 1,000,000 calories of chocolate candies???? Need coffee. Desperately want a good run, hope my feet are up to it. Tish of tendonities there I think.

Bugs

Kimmie

nice job Shan! I didn't even know they had Athena divisions still- for some reason I thought they did away with it. going out now for a 10 mile run- 1st 1.5 alone- then meet up with 2 women I've not run with before who I know are faster than me- hope they don't mind slowing it down- they want to run 4- so then 4.5 more on my own after that... I'll let you know how it goes. Hang in there Mr. I- Bugs- I usually throw the extras away- but that's just me....

Bugs

Bugs- I usually throw the extras away- but that's just me....
                  I fed the kids chocolate for breakfast. Roll eyes Not sure about the wine. I might bring it to work. The beer keg is empty so it'll go over well.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - glad you had a good party! Yeah for DH being a great hubby. Kimmie - I don't know but I didn't question! I just checked the box and am celebrating my trophy! I hope that by next year I be checking the athena box, but I will be fast enough that it won't matter! haha

Dave

I've been fighting off a cold all day (lost my voice much to the delight of my co-workers). Didn't want to run but got another offer from a buddy. Heading out the door now despite my generally poor health Tongue

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

I've been fighting off a cold all day (lost my voice much to the delight of my co-workers). Didn't want to run but got another offer from a buddy. Heading out the door now despite my generally poor health Tongue
                        8 Ball

Bugs

evanflein

... I usually throw the extras away- but that's just me....
                          Ack! I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that... Alcohol abuse! Big grin Bugs, just pack 'em up real nice and send 'em up to me. I'll take care of them. Oh, keep the chocolates. No run yesterday, just a little elliptical and upper body weights at noon and 40 minutes of pool running after work. Thinking if I want a run today I'll need to do it at lunchtime... ugh. I'll get all sweaty and gross (no showers). My legs have been a little creaky (shins and back/outer left knee) since Saturday's trail run so I might even just skip today. In the grand scheme of things, whether I do 4-5 miles today will have no bearing so might just do more XT. Bugs, happy snow-day. I'm tired of it already, and we haven't even started gaining daylight again yet. Made my hotel reservations for Disney. All I need now is the car. I'm making all my plans assuming I might be going alone. Hope not, but going to be prepared.

Bugs

Erika, My kids would love to go to Disney with you if you want company. Smile Hope going alone is for practical reasons. BTW, Doc Bugs orders you to have a dirty house as that type of XTing is hard on the feet. Kimmie, So I have a running friend that might want to run Nationals with us. Can I bring a friend with? She's good people, like me, will get her on this forum. I ran at noon, boy my foot feels funny. Not pain, but aware that it is there. Graston appointment is for the 19th. Looks like I might get to find out if graston helps the feet...stay tuned Erika.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

hmm... intervals today. My first time ever - I think I did well. But now I need to stick my legs...
                              Kimmie

Erika, You're running Disney? so cool! Bugs, of course you can bring a friend- as long as you don't mind sharing a bed... or we have a comfy couch. we can figure out the sleeping arrangements. Today I ran with two women- one of them I've run with before but only a few times, the other, I've just heard about it- she tends to win her age group- so I was intimidated by the possible difference in our speeds, but it was good! I ran with them for 4.5 miles of my 7.5 mile run. We had some 8 min miles in there that felt very fast to me, but that was good. I still maintained form and could talk for the most part. So, maybe running with these girls will help me get faster.... maybe. Smile