Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/8 (Read 247 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

you two are weenies!!! I will be outside!!! I suspect our weather is much the same - big heavy clouds, rain, and general unpleasentness??? Big grin
      I like my Vegas pictures better than the Columbus ones. I look thinner and in less pain. I think had I not worn myself down the week before I could have ton much better. I should have looked more distressed. Dont know how to post them.. http://www.marathonfoto.com/home.cfm?Language=en&BFI=4jsy5fvr24&Frames=true&Flash=true&FlashVersion=8&Height=1024&Width=1280&Index2Home=true murphy 4730

Dave

I like this one: Are those girls or boys Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

You are soo cute!!!! I loved them!!!
            You know, Dave...Im not so sure, now. thanks Shan Shy And upon quick calculation, I think if following an 18 week training plan for the National marathon, we should be in week 4.

Hail to The Victors!

And upon quick calculation, I think if following an 18 week training plan for the National marathon, we should be in week 4.
              That's what I love about marathon training plans...they seem so short when you talk about them in terms of 'weeks'. For a second. Then you realize that's 4 and a half months, and the dedication required sinks in.

Oh Mighty Wing

And upon quick calculation, I think if following an 18 week training plan for the National marathon, we should be in week 4.
                soo you are saying you are in??? Jhallum - so 4.5 months is a ways away - which should make it even scarier that my training is all with thoughts of September in mind!!
                  Im thinking hard about it Shan. Are you doing the half? Some reason, I thought I had more time. I dont know if a marathon in March will help or hinder my 4 hour goal. Vegas 2009 is where I will have my best shot at that. The course is really ideal for it. The last 8 miles are gradual downhill-and noticeable. The uphill is so gradual you have no idea you are going up. In good shape, I can nail that course. And I'd kinda like some pre-training schedule base re-building. So, maybe instead of the full National, I do this 1/2 National - March Full Flying Pig - May 1/2 Dayton - September 1/2 Columbus - October Full Vegas - December Or, being me, I could end up doing 5 full marathons. But, really, if I do the full National, I would not do the full Flying Pig.

Dave

Murph, I think a faster half is a better goal for you than shooting for the full at that point. A good half then is a great prep for the full in May. Just my .02. Plus, the entry fee is cheaper and you can use that money to buy beer for us.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - i'm doing the half. Here is my current plan: March - half - sub2 June - full - I'm not sure yet what my goal is - it will be a time goal - i'd love to go as close to 4 as I can - but i'm not sure if that is reasonable or not. September - Tahoe - All I will say about this is that if I can accomplish what I want I will be a MM after that. So yeah there's the plan.
                      evanflein

How do you figure the MM status, Shan? I thought that Tahoe thing ended several years ago... Gotta go check Murphy's pictures... Well, I ran on the TM yesterday (7 miles) and today (5.5 miles) and I'm beginning to get the hamster syndrome thing going... But it's -2 out there at midday, and could be -30 or so tonight (ack). I doubt it'll get that cold, but that's the possible "extreme" low. Like Kimmie, I did some half mile repeats and the time went very fast. Started out easy, moved into half mile repeats at just faster than HM pace. Splits were: 8:49, 8:34, 4 x (.5 mile @ 7:41, .25 mile at 8:41), last .5 mile @ MP (8:20), total time 45:51. I can't believe I used to do mile repeats at HM pace (7:30), but maybe that's why I nailed Boston this year. *sigh* It seems like a long time ago and a long way to get back to that kind of running. Dave, buck up. You're a talented fast runner who might've pushed it a bit too much and paid the price. You're better now, and smarter. Move on and get to work! (that's the tough love version...) Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

How do you figure the MM status, Shan? I thought that Tahoe thing ended several years ago...
                          no ma'am it hasn't. Erica - it really is nice to see you up and running again!! Now if we can just get Cash back out there.
                          evanflein

Hmmm, my mistake. Be careful with that one... very high # of DNF's there.

Oh Mighty Wing

Hmmm, my mistake. Be careful with that one... very high # of DNF's there.
                              it's a long way away - we'll see if I even get there. It's my pipe dream for now - DH says I can't even sign up until April - so we'll re-evaluate then I'm sure. But for now it's my big goal... no mistakes - I wouldn't think you'd be up to date on that unless you were planning on running multiples. You guys and coach are the only ones who know about this. I'd like to keep it that way until it's closer. For now i'm focused on getting my mileage up and staying consistent and healthy.
                              Kimmie

nice pictures Murphy!