Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/8 (Read 247 times)

Bugs

7.5 easy on the TM, too cold, too lazy to run outside. Easy running is getting easier that is a good thing. I guess I'm base building too. I got a nice 40 mpw thing going on, and like that to be closer to 50 with my shortest workout 45 min and most right around 60 min. I'm done with the goal of streaking. I just haven't taken a rest day yet. Honestly, reminds me of those people that are all proud they never missed a day of high school. Trust me, they would have had more fun had they skipped a day with me and graduated just the same. Big grin

Bugs

Bugs

I said to DH, "I'm done streaking" and he said, "You're not going to go through the house naked anymore?" This is why I hang out with you guys, we speak the same language. Smile

Bugs

Kimmie

ok, so I need to debate this one for a bit... I need to run long this weekend- 16 miles... Normally, I run long on saturday mornings. But, I am going to a party tomorrow night AND a party Saturday night. So, I was thinking I would run my 16 tomorrow afternoon in the window that I have between getting my kindergartner on the bus at 11:30 and getting both of them off the bus at 2:45. But, then I would be doing it without my running group. The other issue is the weather. It's supposed to be cold, rainy, windy AND snowy? I think... and Saturday is supposed to be much better. So the debate is: Run long alone and in not the best weather OR Run long with a group but possibly feeling the effects of the party..... What do you guys think? Even though I have no intention of getting sloshed tomorrow night, I don't want to spend the whole night worrying about food and drink and what time I need to get home, etc... Jut rambling, I guess...
        Cashmason

Shan, Are you thinking of the Tahoe Triple? Remember, you are a mile high or more at Tahoe, the air is thin, and the route is hilly. But some of the prettiest scenery you could wish for.

Oh Mighty Wing

Blush yeah we've talked about the whole thin air thing. I would also have to be my own crew - so I need to carry everything I might need - fluid/food. It sounds like an amazing opportunity and I'm young and stupid and I think I need to try it - even if I fail. Does that make sense?? Kimmie - I think mentally they could both be tough. If you don't normally do your long runs alone it might be a nice excuse to do it just to remember what it's like, but if you don't really care about that then you can always go Saturday just know it won't be your best run.
              Shan, we'd have the same half goal for March. If I go, we could pace each other.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, we'd have the same half goal for March. If I go, we could pace each other.
                THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!! Big grin

Dave

Kimmie,I do my long runs alone so I'd probably vote for doing it today. Tomorrow will be colder anyway. Good chance to get in your own head and run your own pace. Shan, I admire your free spiritedness on the Tahoe goal. It is certainly going to be an adventure and a memory you'll never forget. Erika, thanks for the kick in the butt. Hugs are for pansies anyway Wink I may hit the treadmill again today. Almost over my cold.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - Thank you. And everybody needs a hug now and again.

Bugs

Kimmie, I think you should come run long with me on Sunday. I would like to do it tomorrow but a running friend is bring her kids and we're making kid friendly cookies most of the day. When the kids get bored, they'll go play and we're going to get our holiday baking done together, half the work, mess up only one kitchen. Dave, I looked at your log...get your butt out there and run. I know the high mileage boys when they take a break, they just jump back to their old mileage. Their legs must be numb from all that running.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave, I looked at your log...get your butt out there and run. I know the high mileage boys when they take a break, they just jump back to their old mileage. Their legs must be numb from all that running.
                        I second this!!!

Dave

Alright, already. I'm going. I'll run about 6 today, 4 tomorrow, and shooting for 10 on Sunday. That will get me near 30 for the week. So there.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Alright, already. I'm going. I'll run about 6 today, 4 tomorrow, and shooting for 10 on Sunday. That will get me near 30 for the week. So there.
                            that will be plenty to beat me - just as it should be - for now! Tongue

Bugs

Murph, I think a faster half is a better goal for you than shooting for the full at that point. A good half then is a great prep for the full in May.
                              I 2nd this plan. This way we can all cheer Dave as he runs a 3:30, or flog him with our running shoes if he doesn't build a decent base this winter.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I 2nd this plan. This way we can all cheer Dave as he runs a 3:30, or flog him with our running shoes if he doesn't build a decent base this winter.
                                ohh Bugs I really like the way you think! Big grin