Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/8 (Read 247 times)

Bugs

ohh Bugs I really like the way you think! Big grin
    Honestly I think running the half and then watching Dave finish will be more fun than running the full marathon. We should all put beer in our drop bags so we're good and liquored up by then. Big grin

Bugs

Kimmie

Dave- you're getting bullied a little bit, you know that? Treadmill? My long run plans have been thrown out the window- I'll be happy if I can get 3 or 4 in today- DH has me running all kinds of errands....blah! Bugs, I would love to come run with you... but I think it's colder there than it is here. Smile Maybe I could just bake cookies with you and your running friend. If this is a weekly mileage competition- I don't know if I'm winning or losing... and, I've semi-given up on the weigh in thread. I don't seem to budge with my weight and people tell me I don't need to lose any poundage. counting calories makes me a crazy woman. Smile I have a party at one of my clients' house tonight... so she told me that she mentioned to all of her friends that her personal trainer is coming... so, do I fill up my plate with lots of veggies or the good stuff? " What's the personal trainer eating? " Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

Honestly I think running the half and then watching Dave finish will be more fun than running the full marathon. We should all put beer in our drop bags so we're good and liquored up by then. Big grin
        ohhh I don't do beer... but I do do wine!!! Which means I will probably be the most hammered - give my bottle to your can!! LOL Honestly one of the biggest reasons i'm doing the half and not the full is so that I can be done with everyone else - or at least not have to have you guys waiting around for me for 3 hours!! haha

Bugs

Bugs, I would love to come run with you... but I think it's colder there than it is here. Smile Maybe I could just bake cookies with you and your running friend.
          OH please come and bring the kiddos...or...we could ditch the kids and head to Hawaii, avoid the blizzard that is suppose to hit here.

Bugs

Bugs

ohhh I don't do beer... but I do do wine!!! Which means I will probably be the most hammered - give my bottle to your can!! LOL
            How about whiskey? I'm thinking consolidated liquor for convience reasons.

Bugs

evanflein

Kimmie, whatever you decide, you won't be doing it alone. Ok, we'll be across many time zones (where are you again? East coast? if so... four), but I'm planning on 8 on Saturday, and 18 on Sunday. Ok, maybe I'll stop at 16... But 18 is the goal. And we've got snow, temps will be in single digits and I'll be running in the early afternoon (maybe late morning Sunday to be done before dark). So... get out there! And yes... everyone will be watching what the personal trainer eats. I think it'd be a drag for everyone to know I did that. You gotta know all eyes will be on you to see what you do/eat/drink. Flogging with the running shoes. That Bugs does have a way with words. Rest day for me and I think I need it. DS2 has his first JV basketball game today at 3, so I'll take a "late lunch" to go see him and do an errand or two on the way. But I'll have to come back here afterwards to finish up my day without taking any leave time. That sucks... on a Friday! But I won tickets to the college basketball tournament this weekend, so DH and I will try to catch the end of the early game and the later game at 8:30.
                Im still at 26.2 for the week...and the month.

Bugs

Im still at 26.2 for the week...and the month.
                  Oh Murphy you are too funny. I'm running long first thing tomorrow morning OUTSIDE...Smile

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

How about whiskey? I'm thinking consolidated liquor for convience reasons.
                    OMG I forgot - DH will totally be there!! He can hold all of our liquor - he might drink it while waiting for us but would gladly replace it asap!!!

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm running long first thing tomorrow morning OUTSIDE...Smile
                      you better or else you will get the flogging!!! Big grin

Dave

I got in a hard 6 today outside. One of my work buddies got some tough news at work and needed to blow off some steam (we both skipped the holiday party). He didn't get fired but it put in him a very difficult spot. So we went out and really pushed it. Last mile was a 7:22. No aches or pains which was very nice. All this talk about the half has me thinking about dropping back to a half for National. I'm sure this will pass.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

NO DAVE!!! You WILL run the full -- don't MAKE me chase you! Glad you got out today - sorry your buddy got put in a tough spot!

Bugs

Go ahead flog me. I bailed at four miles. My feet were sore. My legs were heavy. I was thirsty.. I think I need a rest day ..OK two rest days. Angry

Bugs

Dave

Nonsense Bugs. You've got to listen to your body. And if you body sounded like a winey little 3 year old, I'm sure you were doing the right thing Evil grin I'm sticking with my run 4 and then 10 plan this weekend. Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice for a long run. Can't wait.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

ok, I have to quickly post this because I'm supposed to be at a meeting in 15 minutes. I just got back from an awesome 16 miler ALONE Smile yes, people, I do not usually run alone but I did it this time... what does that mean? Smile I overslept to meet my group at 7:30- so I went out about an hour later... My plan was to progressively speed up and I did.... such a good one- and I feel so accomplished.. I don't know why I think it's a big deal- but I guess I'm not used to doing it alone- thought I would bail or something. thanks for letting me share.