Marathon Trainers

6/10-6/16 (Read 160 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Hey Mr Husker sir don't you dare rush my summer along! My students aren't done for another week so I don't even want to hear the word September yet!
      Wow, that's really late for school. OK, lets keep summer going for a while, just with cooler temps and lower humidity. Turns out there will be no 5k Saturday. DW's grandma passed away so we're heading up for the funeral instead. Don't smoke for 60 years, it's bad for you apparently. Well, more gravel road runs for me. Her folks live on a farm.

Dave

Hey Mr Husker sir don't you dare rush my summer along! My students aren't done for another week so I don't even want to hear the word September yet!
        Sheesh, school teachers Wink Tomorrow is DW's last day and she's really excited. Don't worry, Shan, summers just getting started. Really great run for me this morning early. Did 6 miles with 4 at something like 10K pace (7:30-7:50) plus the warmup/cooldown. First really good speedwork for me in quite a while. Next week will add some hill repeats.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Husker - sorry to hear about your DW's grandmother! Very sad. Sad Dave - nice runs! Hope the rest of you all are running well!! I've been doing 1 milers trying to let my legs get happy! And of course i've had all kinds of phantom issues because i'm so nervous about the race! But I keep telling myself I'm taking it easy and the issues are in my head!

Dave

I'm sure you've told us but where is your HM?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Well, not ready for 8 miles with 4 at tempo. More like 6 miles with only 1.25 at tempo this morning. Looks like I'm gonna have to ease into it a bit. I need to keep in mind that I haven't done much speedwork AND I'm still less than three weeks past the marathon. Revising schedule to reflect realistic yet challenging speed workouts...
                evanflein

Did my mile race last night, didn't do as well as last year but did better than I thought I would... Here's the RR... http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/d341c4dbdae2468fa19cf9e9d582cb84 I did surprise myself afterwards... was going to run about 4 miles at easy pace to round out the miles for the day. Ended up doing 4.1 at 8:06 avg pace. One of these days I will figure out the easy pace thing. Not sure what I'll do tonight... I do want to run and I'd like to run longish. I don't usually run on Fridays, but tomorrow will be a sit-on-the-plane-all-day sort of day so I'd like to get my Saturday run in tonight. But... I did run 4 miles on Monday (nothing much, on the treadmill trying out new shoes), so today would be day #5 in a row with a race and some tempo stuff in there... I don't remember the last time I ran 5 days in a row. So... I'll give it a shot, probably aim for 8 miles. DH told me the place we're staying in Hawaii has lovely places to run... but he's not a runner so not really sure how to take that. I guess I'll find out on Sunday...! MrI, I tried to PR a 5k 12 days after Boston. Figured it'd be no biggie. Nope, I was so not ready. I probably could've done another marathon (slowly), but the effort of a fast 5k was just too much. Give it some time. Shan, you guys get out of school late! We were done on May 22... but then the kids go back to school August 20... Good running guys! I'll be on the way to Hawaii tomorrow morning. I'll have my computer and internet access, what I won't have is much time to post. So, if I don't "talk" to you before I get back, have a great week next week!

Oh Mighty Wing

Erica - wow that is early! on both accounts but our seasons are different also so maybe that has something to do with it??? Have fun on your trop to Hawaii!! I'll think of you tomorrow while I'm racing! Mr I - I find the only way to find realistic is to try the unrealistic! Good job only doing what you can do and not pushing beyond!

Happy Camper

Good racing tomorrow ShanHas! I'd wish you a great time in Hawaii Erika but that's a given. Hawaii is always a great time! Enjoy the running. Rest day for me today. Times have really been dragging. Had two days this week I ran in the morning and biked/ran in the evening. Runs are all becoming recovery pace. Tomorrow morning is a planned group run on the Heart of America Course. I am glad the rain is supposed to be moved out of the area. We may have to change part of the run due to flooding near the Missouri River. The biggest challenge will just be showing up. Run starts at 6 am. I'm about to head out to a suprise get together for DW. I most likely will be running with a headache tomorrow morning. Big grin

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - I hope you have fun!!! So the last couple of days have been easy 1 milers, but today I ran sans garmie and my calves were really really tight so I'm guessing i ran too fast even though I was trying to go slow. Hopefully it wasn't an omen!!

Dave

Good luck, Shan!! Looking forward to your race report. Take it easy and have fun!!! Smile Smile

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Race Report - WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN WWWWWWHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!! 2:46:05 - I think I was 6th/7th from the end - and ALL of those people were people I passed!!!!!!! I did a great job avoiding the paste!!! I WILL be doing this again and it makes me excited about trying for the full!! Big grin

Dave

Super job, Shan. Its awesome that you had a great first experience for your HM. Now about that race report.... Where's .... you know .... the real one Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Shan, you rock, girl! Nice job... but, uh, yeah... we want deets! How was it? How'd you feel? What'd you wear? What were you thinking as you went along the course? We're nosy and want to know all the details, if you please! Smile Sitting in the Anchorage airport (free wireless, cool!) waiting for my flight to Honolulu. They'll board in about half hour... DH called me this morning and asked if I'd like to do a half marathon while in Hawaii. I said sure, that'd be fun... He said, good! It's tomorrow morning in Waikiki, sign up is at 5 am!! ( Dead ) I said, oh, wow, honey, that's less than 12 hours after I get off the plane!! Hmmm, we may still do it, but I wouldn't "race" it. I wanted a long run tomorrow anyway and this would have support of water, etc along the way. But geez, I was looking forward to sleeping in a bit! Went out for 9 miles last night, and oh boy were my legs tired and sore (another reason to hold back on a HM tomorrow...). I guess that mile race took more out of me than I thought, or maybe it was that plus the 4 mile tempo run I did afterward. Hmmm. Good sense is not something I seem to have in abundance. Good running, guys! I'll have internet access in HI, but not much time to post I bet. Also, we'll be 6 hours behind EDT, so I'll always be a day late or so...