Marathon Trainers

10/6-10/12 (Read 276 times)

Bugs

Erika, Yes need money to retire so that we can still go to races. Smile 4 easy miles, 9:33 pace today. Legs felt good, stomach still recovering. I got pretty sick after the marathon.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs glad you are feeling better. 1 mile run on dreadmill 2 mile stationary bike. Being stuck in the gym watching kiddies really makes it hard to get into that good tread mill zone.

Bugs

Shan, My legs had zip all afternoon. Plus my jaw has even settled down, although I still can't eat anything. I can't believe I might be an M&M. When I run that marathon I'm going to pretend to be Murphy, no fear what so ever.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - aww i'm sorry to hear your belly still isn't happy! that stinks - but at least it waited till afterwards! Murphy - you gonna reset yourself?? Wink

Dave

Great to see you running again, Shan. I took the rest day. Muscles feel good. Right knee, not so good. Seems a little better each day (lots of walking). Hoping to run easy 4 tomorrow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - are you making sure to stretch your leg muscles? I've been stretching my right quad to try and keep it loose. Thanks - feels good to be running!

Dave

As much as I detest stretching, I think its just some left over inflammation in my knee joint (being, old and all).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

ok old man... i'm just sayin if the other leg muscles are tight the knee is bound to be irritated.

Bugs

By the way, I know some of you have hillier marathons that me, but check out the elevation map. Kinda putting us to sleep with a nice flat course, only to punish us with some hills at mile 22 or 23. http://www.route66marathon.com/Participant-Info/course-maps.html
                    Brian, this is a bit like Twin Cities. The hills are not placed well but not that bad. Each TCM I was so tired at those points I barely noticed there were hills. We also go downhill at the end, that's a really nice way to finish. Love to join you, but that's my anniversary. Multiple good marathons that day, lousy day to get married. Explained to DH what a Marathon Maniac was. He thought that was cool. I'm pretty bruised on the side of my calfs after the massage, stretching, etc.. Like graston bruising I assume, which is usually fine in a week, just evidence I did do something on Sunday.

Bugs

Bugs

As much as I detest stretching, I think its just some left over inflammation in my knee joint (being, old and all).
                      I really recommend yoga post marathon. I've been doing it and boy those warrior positions are a b!tch. I've never recovered so well. Infact I highly recommend a 2.5 hour ice bath, 1.5 easy run, 1 hour massage, and 2 nights of yoga. You will feel refreshed and ready to run a marathon again. Smile

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs I was wondering if this would qualify you for that. That would be cool! That's my aspiration in my running life!

Bugs

Bugs I was wondering if this would qualify you for that. That would be cool! That's my aspiration in my running life!
                          Funny not really mine, but I'm pretty careful where I set the bar. I have a very good running friend named Shannon, not the online Shannon, that might come with me. I get sick post marathon and really could use someone to potentially drive back, that and adult diapers. Sad

Bugs

Bugs - aww i'm sorry to hear your belly still isn't happy! that stinks - but at least it waited till afterwards! Murphy - you gonna reset yourself?? Wink
                            I thought I did. I should just pull my name off.
                              Shan, My legs had zip all afternoon. Plus my jaw has even settled down, although I still can't eat anything. I can't believe I might be an M&M. When I run that marathon I'm going to pretend to be Murphy, no fear what so ever.
                              That reminds me, I qualified last year with the Dayton/Columbus/Vegas trifecta. But never joined. I will hit that again this year if Vegas happens--which Im assuming it will. We could be consecutive #s bugs Cool. I guess I could join based on last year whether Vegas happens or not. Funny, I completely forgot about that after Vegas last year.

Bugs

Erika, What are the dues for MM? I couldn't find it on their website. Other than it's cool to say you're a M&M what's the perks? My ankles are talking to me a little more tonight, they should shut-up.

Bugs