Marathon Trainers

10/6-10/12 (Read 276 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - it's nice you have a friend who can drive for you. It's ashame you have such stomach issues - but better after than during! Murphy - does it have to be completed in the year that you joined?
    Kimmie

Bugs, I think it would so cool to be a marathon maniac. The closest I ever ran marathons together was June to November. This time around, I'll be running Marine Corps in two weeks and then Myrtle beach is three and a half months later... so not back to back at all. Ok, minor rant... my DH has been leaving for work earlier than he used to and I'm not getting my morning runs in. Unless I want to get up at 4:30 which I don't. So, I will be running at lunch time again today. Which is fine except that I prefer to take just one shower a day. ( I know minor issue) AND pretty soon I will be working during that time. So, I will need to figure out a new plan. Ok, rant over... just wondering if everyone would help me to get to know you guys a little better. You all seem to know each other pretty well here. like: 1. How long have you been running? 2. How many marathons have you done and which ones? 3. Marital status? 4. Kids? anything else interesting... ok, I'll start: 1. I've been running since 1997... but it was VERY sporadic. I was basically a gym rat and I'd throw in an occasional 3 mile run or a 5K here and there. In 2004, I decided to train for a marathon and I've been running consistently ever since. 2. This one I've mentioned. Marine Corps (04), Grandmas (05), New York (05), Philly (06), Chicago (07) 3. Married for 10 years 4. 2 kids, girls, ages 7 and 5 i can't think of anything else to add except that I like this group. Smile

Happy Camper

Thanks for the introduction Kimmie. I've been running sporadically for years, consistently again since 2006. You may have inferred from my few posts that I'm not one challenged much by speed or spelling. Marathons: Heart of America, Columbia, MO: 93, 98, 05, 06,07, 08 St. Louis: 06, 08 Run for the Ranch, Springfield, MO: 06 Ultras: Spirit of the Osage 50k: 07 Berryman Trail 50M: 08 Married to DW for 24 years. Three kids, DD is 23 and DS1 is 21, both are military. DS2 is 14. I've worked in the paint industry almost my entire career. (Worked at selling paints for everything from pencils to resorts to homes to wastewater {Sh!t} treatment plants.). Nice to meet you. Erika's list of M's will need it's own server.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Great idea Kimmie. 1. Since January 2007. 2. 1 marathon (Lincoln, NE. May 2008), next one is Tulsa on 11/16. 3. Married for 7 years 4. 1 son, almost 3. 1 more boy on the way in January. Once again, great having you here. Sorry to hear about your forced running schedule changes.
            Dangit Bugs, you had to bring up the maniacs. I'm really kicking that around this time because my pace next month will be slower. I'm assuming I'll recover better so will have a realistic chance to get that 2nd marathon in. There are a few within a 3-4 hour drive that would qualify me. I'll have to guage the pregnant wife's mood (and hormones) after the first one.
            Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Hi my name's Mr Inertia and I'm an alco- Sorry, wrong intro. Try this one: 1. Running since spring of 06 2. Two marathons - next one is in May 3. Married 8+ years 4. 7 y/o daughter and a 24 y/o stepson Finally getting my base back. Looks like this is going to be my first over 30 MPW since Bayshore in May. It's been a rough year. I can't believe how completely my training got derailed and how long it's taken to put the wheels back on.

Bugs

Should we make a sticky thread called introductions?

Bugs

1. Started running in 2006. Bet some friends that I could run a marathon..and told everyone I knew I was going to do it..this forced me into actually doing it. I started running in May 2006, and my Marathon was October 15 '06. Lost about 25 pounds, but have gained 10 back after the 2nd marathon. 2. Have completed 7 marathons Columbus '06, '07 Las Vegas '06, '07 Cincy Flying Pig '07 US Air Force Marathon '07, '08 Columbus and Vegas still scheduled for '08 Married 14 years as of next week (October 15--also the 2 year anniversary of my first marathon). 0 kids, but 1 dog and 2 cats. A sticky thread could be good. Go ahead, bugs.

Dave

I guess I'll cut and paste into the sticky thread when its created. 1. Running off and on since 1988 when I entered the Army. More seriously since around 2005. 2. 1 Marathon (USMC 2007). Second and third, USMC 2008, National Marathon 2009. 3. Married 17 years 4. Two awesome girls, 3 and 10. As I mentioned, I'm in the Army, active duty since 1988. Gulf War vet. Currently assigned to Washington DC and moving next summer to a new position in Warren (Detroit), Michigan.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

I don't know how to create a sticky thread? Confused Somebody else do it, then we'll each put our introductions in there so we can update as we want?

Bugs

Dave

Done. I didn't want to be first. Blush

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Done. I didn't want to be first. Blush
                          Second?

Bugs

Bugs

Erika, Got some info on the Des Moines 12 mile loop. that is around the track at Drake University. I guess they have some very high profile races on that track.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

1.86 today - belly was heavy from my fatty Mcfat's lunch - made me run all cramped up.

Bugs

Shan, I had a McFatty lunch too, shouldn't have to hard to chew. I found another marathon. The Iowa Mason City Marathon - it's a VERY small marathon. Might be a better fit since my throat is a tish infected.

Bugs