Marathon Trainers

10/6-10/12 (Read 276 times)

Bugs

Ok, minor rant... my DH has been leaving for work earlier than he used to and I'm not getting my morning runs in. Unless I want to get up at 4:30 which I don't. So, I will be running at lunch time again today. Which is fine except that I prefer to take just one shower a day. ( I know minor issue) AND pretty soon I will be working during that time.
    I confess, I don't shower if I run at noon, but I don't sweat much and am just in my cubicle most days. Nobby says his schedules are 7 days a week. Shocked

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I have to shower because I'm a sweater haha

Dave

3rd rest day in a row for me. Will run tomorrow. Jogged a hundred yards or so for my bus. Legs were tweaky but I think I'll run anyway to work out the kinks. Feeling like a slug for not running for 3 days.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave just make sure to take it nice and slow and if you get into it and don't feel good then you can turn it around and haul it home.
          Kimmie

3rd rest day in a row for me. Will run tomorrow. Jogged a hundred yards or so for my bus. Legs were tweaky but I think I'll run anyway to work out the kinks. Feeling like a slug for not running for 3 days.
            Dave, about your legs feeling tweaky... do you think seeing a sport chiropractor would help? I know of one that's really good.

Bugs

Dave, What's going on? Are you stretching? Yoga? Ice? Butter knife treatment?

Bugs

Dave

Just got back from an easy 4 1/2. SOOO much better to get out there today. I was stretching and using the stick on my legs each night. The pain was up in my knee and hip joints though so I'm not sure it did much good. The run went great (very slow at 9:40 or so pace). No pain to speak of. Will shoot for 6-8 easy tomorrow and then a long run in the 18 range on Sunday.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

then a long run in the 18 range on Sunday.
                  glad to hear your run went well today. I will be going in about an hour. So, you're running 18 on Sunday? I think I have said that there is major debate going on among my group about me going long this weekend. Most are saying no... we'll see what happens. I think the confidence from running 22 miles at an easy pace will be hugely beneficial... but then they say that it takes three weeks for any kind of fitness gain to show up. I'm just not sure if I agree with that. But what do i know?
                  evanflein

Warm and slushy today... mid 40's by this afternoon. I brought long sleeved winter-weight shirt and tights... I'll probably roast. I'm running today on my normal day off because I'll be on a plane all stinkin' day tomorrow. Sunday I plan on running long at the park near my hotel (4-5 miles, so I'll probably take a taxi). Hoping for about 18 miles, but we'll see. After a long flight I usually don't feel real ambitious, but would love it as my last real long run (in nice ice- and snow-free conditions) before NYC. Take it easy Dave... if you've been tweaky and sore, 18 might be a bit much.

Bugs

I think the confidence from running 22 miles at an easy pace will be hugely beneficial... but then they say that it takes three weeks for any kind of fitness gain to show up. I'm just not sure if I agree with that. But what do i know?
                      I don't know either. I'm hoping that I gained some fitness from my marathon in two weeks time. You should gain some aerobic and leg strength fitness from it. I think it just gives you less time for your legs to heal, if you're feeling banged up at all. Erika, I am so glad you are running NYC. It's on my dream list of marathons to do. Enjoy running in a new place this weekend. My friend said yes to coming to Des Moines. We're just waiting to see how I feel. The bottom of my right foot hurt a tish at the end of last night 6 mile run. Most of me feels better than I did in many of my weeks of training so the magical question is can my soft tissue in my legs take another marathon so soon. I see my graston doctor on Tuesday, more for my jaw but we'll see if he talks me out of this marathon. I think the consensus will be, "run it but if you need to drop out, do it." My TMJ is a real b!tch, don't ever eat anything too hard. I am never suppose to bite into an apple again. DH's parents are coming this weekend. He took the day off to clean the house. Smile Loving it! He also bought a used mini-van today, Uplander. God, I hope he isn't planning on having more kids.

Bugs

Didn't run long last night. Was working til about midnight. So I will shorten up my long run and do it this weekend. Ill go as long as I am not hurting since Ill be a week out from the narathon.

Oh Mighty Wing

man you people are getting all tweaky!! Stop that! Tongue Bugs - I have to cut corn off the cob and can only eat apple slices. Damn braces did that to me!

Dave

I'm going to take Erika's advice and be very careful about the longer runs this weekend. I ran with a buddy today who doesn't go out much. We pretty much ran his pace the whole way but he struggled towards the end. My legs may be weak but my lungs are rock solid. I was barely breathing. That was cool Big grin <work>Dealt with a real jerk at work, not that we have any shortages of them. As you might guess, rank occasionally becomes an issue but in general, it is a pretty cooperative environment between most of us "Action Officers" meaning everybody who isn't a general. Today I had a new guy who wanted to pull the whole rank thing. I'm about 6 weeks from a promotion to the same rank as him and this guy is acting like a total ass. Ugh...</work>

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - i'm sorry you are having to deal with a douche... maybe he's not getting enough lovin at home... did I mention I got another 3 in today??

Dave

That would be 9 runs in 11 days for Shan. Yeah!! Little log stalking. I've got to figure he's a jerk at home and isn't getting any satisfaction there either. Maybe if he could run, he'd feel better. Works for me.

dgb2n@yahoo.com