Marathon Trainers

10/6-10/12 (Read 276 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

That would be 9 runs in 11 days for Shan. Yeah!! Little log stalking. I've got to figure he's a jerk at home and isn't getting any satisfaction there either. Maybe if he could run, he'd feel better. Works for me.
    may you could offer to run with him?? then when he's a jerk you would have the satisfaction of knowing you can kick his ass on the asphalt! Thanks! I'm feeling much better!! Epiphany's are wonderful things!
    evanflein

Hmmm, log stalking going on around here? Say it isn't so! Sorry you're dealing with a stinker, Dave. Buttheads are everywhere, it's just a real drag when you have to work with one. I got in my run at lunchtime! I wanted to do my Saturday run of 8 miles today, which is normally a rest day. But I'll be on a plane all day tomorrow so it was now or never (I'll be packing and doing other crazy last minute stuff tonight). I ended up with 8.5 miles and everything felt great! Well, foot was only ok, but that's sort of my new normal these days. I'm calling this a tempo run even though McMillan says my tempo pace should be 7:37 to 7:57. These paces are more like what McMillan calls "Steady State Run" pace. The first mile was sort of hilly but the rest is pretty flat. Average pace was 8:11 and average HR was 165, which is pretty typical for me. Mile splits: 8:32, 8:07, 8:09, 8:06, 8:11, 8:03, 8:08, 7:59, 8:33 last half mile and part way up the hill back to my office. Then walked the last .25 mile or so as cool down. Warm and sloppy out there, I did overdress for this a bit but so happy to have it done! I'll have my mac with me on this trip, so will check in when I can. But I'll be pretty busy after Sunday afternoon so you guys all behave, ok? Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

Have fun Erica!!

Bugs

Hym, I think Shan got excited about running when Erika and I committed to running her first marathon together. (OK, Erika didn't says Ya yet, but she will.) Dave, yup they are every where. Be nice to him though, you never know. I feel a bit beat-up tonight, nothing specially feels good or hurts. Must be tapering pains. Roll eyes BTW, if my body tells me this is a really stupid idea, I'm going to listen to it.

Bugs

Kimmie

Bugs, you are being smart to listen to your body Shan, good for you for consistent running! Dave, sorry you're dealing with a jerk. Have I ever mentioned that most of my co-workers are young guys in their early 20s who like to look in a mirror? Smile (I'm a personal trainer) I just bought a heart rate monitor... I know it's probably too late to be using one, but my Dr. recomended I use it to make sure i go really easy this am. I'll be running 16 that may turn into longer if everything seems ok.

Dave

Dave, sorry you're dealing with a jerk. Have I ever mentioned that most of my co-workers are young guys in their early 20s who like to look in a mirror? Smile (I'm a personal trainer)
              I don't think I work with ANYONE in their 20's. Sort of like old people working on old stuff. Wink I'm a bit of a nut with the heart rate monitor. It's not too late to run with it but I think it is too late to change anything you're doing based on it. If you want some tips on training with it after this race, let me know. Yesterday's run was just what I needed. Easy enough that my legs felt more like it was another recovery day. Shan, I'm thinking about Brians Run ...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Ran 11 progressive miles this morning. Next week will be esier, keeping mileage, cutting back some intensity. I've stacked a lot on in the last few weeks. I'll catch up later. I'm going back to bed. Or eating a lot. I can' decide what to do first.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, I'm thinking about Brians Run ...
                  REALLY??????????? That would be SWEET!!!!!!!! We'd be happy to lend you a place to shower and get warm!!! And share a meal!!!

Dave

We're a package deal though. I'd bring the whole crew most likely. DD3 might be great birth control Wink

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

We're a package deal though. I'd bring the whole crew most likely. DD3 might be great birth control Wink
                      I just assumed you were!!!
                        Had my best 20+ miler ever this morning (though I guess it's only my 5th). Was planning on 20, but at 19 I decided to go 21. I stopped there but had plenty left in the tank. Really needed this as bad as my last 20 miler went. Jerks at work . . . I work with a bunch of investment people, so don't get me started. Most are OK, but there are always a few. Shan - glad to see you out hitting the pavement again. Bugs - we've had the minivan talk, and it's stopped there so far, just talk. But, with #2 due in January, you never know what might happen. DW has always been dead against them, but I won't hold her to it. Whatever she thinks is most convenient, I'll probably go along with. I like to pick my fights, and that's not one I'd be willing to pick. Kimmie - I almost always wear my HRM, but don't really run by it anymore. I used it a ton last year when I was first building my miles. I couldn't get much over 20 MPW without nagging injuries until I got one. Then I used MAF to build my miles (180 - age +/-5), ran around 150-152, and it worked like a charm. Now, I use it more to measure progress. Every now and then I'll look back for a similar (distance, course, weather) and see how the HRs compare. And, I'm just a data geek! Mr. I - Nice run. Sometime I need to pick your brain about all these different types of runs. I pretty much stick with easy, long, and an occasional tempo. Well, that's all. Everyone enjoy their Saturday!
                        Kimmie

Thanks for the input on the heart rate monitor. That was a weird run. 16 miles at a 10:15 pace. Very slow and my heart rate stayed around 130-140... it almost felt TOO slow... my lungs felt fine, but my legs felt heavy, which surprised me since I was going so slow. But I just kept at that pace. So, last long run and that's going to have to be good enough.

Oh Mighty Wing

I can't WAIT to have a minivan!!!

Dave

I can't WAIT to have a minivan!!!
                              Uh... I know what you meant but damn those things can drive awful (my apologies to the minivan drivers in the group). My wife steadfastly refuses. She wants one of these: http://www.buick.com/enclave/

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Uh... I know what you meant but damn those things can drive awful (my apologies to the minivan drivers in the group). My wife steadfastly refuses. She wants one of these: http://www.buick.com/enclave/
                                it only looked like it had 1 row of seats never mind so 4 big seats and 1 bench row... can you fit car seats in the regular chairs? what if you have another one?