Marathon Trainers

10/20-10/26 (Read 332 times)

Bugs

GO KICK BUTT GUYS! I'm VERY excited for you. I think your going to each have a wonderful time. Enjoy the run. The marathon in Iowa I was considering will have 20-40 mph wind. Yuck. Shan, there was this girl I was teasing (many months ago) about being moody from morning sickness. Well I really pist her off because apparently she was trying and it was not happening and she told me to basically shut the hell up (well deserved). Today I gave her a very nice basinet for her baby due in January. My point, your day will come. But you're welcome to vent here, we understand.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - your legs are still recovering so please if you suck remember that. Thank you guys for letting me vent. It just hit me wrong. It's one of those things where it's a girl and her husband who went off the pill but weren't really trying... Regardless I know my time will come and i really am not stressed or even thinking about it, but when I got that email it was just kind of like a slap in the face. She has always had this comeptition going with me - I won in the job category, guess she won in the baby category. We haven't heard from her since May. She's only 8 weeks along so she probably really isn't telling anyone yet seeing as how her 1st visit isn't until next week. So it's just kind of like - why are you emailing me with this?? Anyway it just hit me wrong. So thanks for listening.

Dave

I won in the job category, guess she won in the baby category.
        You already have your job and know that you like it. Her kid could be a homely, collicky little brat. You can always hope for that. See, I'm not Grumpy anymore. I've turned into Biting Humor Man! Big grin MTA: Almost magically, my legs are feeling really good today. Walked about 2 miles with DW for a "dry run" for tomorrow's spectating. She will be able to link up with me at mile 10.5, 15.5, 19, and at the finish. Looks like I may start out with Tri-Kev, another RA'er from the PreDawn Patrol group.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

GOOD LUCK DAVE AND KIMMIE But you guys are ready--so luck will only have a little bit of an affect. Off for 6-8 miles. Was tempted to skip it. But I will not fall into that trap. Going to run on the flat trail along the river for a change of pace. Need to get going so Im back in time for the Buckeyes game.

Oh Mighty Wing

You already have your job and know that you like it. Her kid could be a homely, collicky little brat. You can always hope for that.
            Her and I went to college. Both Chem Ed majors. She graduated a semester ahead of me but didn't end up getting any job offers for teaching. I never cared, but she always cared. And personally I'm hoping her kid will turn out to be every bit the spoiled annoying child I think it will be... Smile I like Mr. Biting Humor! Big grin

Bugs

Was a HARD run on a new course. 2nd mile was pretty hilly and the rest very windy. I don't think I'm going to do this race again. I'm still recovering from the marathon, and not sharp anymore because of the recovery. Although it was cheap, just $12. Shan, you are right..I'm still recovering. I always run 5Ks best on a high mileage week...always.

Bugs

Dave

Too cute Bugs. And thanks for the front page Wink I'm hoping the wind lets up here before tomorrow. With all that wind, couldn't you just fly? Tongue

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

What's your wind forcast? I hope I can track you guys, that mapping stuff apparently takes the latest Java VM. I am a Java programmer without the lastest updates on her surfing laptop. Sad You know I may not have ran fast today but at least I looked hot right?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

the wind right now is crazy! Bugs - You are SOO cute!!!!!

Dave

Right now, wind looks OK. 8-10mph. Was blowing 30mph today when we walked around down there. Of course you looked hot. Blush

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - so you got the wind too huh?? Did you get the rain? And I'm glad it warmed up a bit! I bet it'll make tomorrow nicer than if it was as cold as it has been.

Bugs

Dave 8-10 is very do able. I'm glad its not today..oh that would be bad. Fargo can be VERY windy...scares the crap out of me, but the shelter is good. Shan, its the slimming yellow belt. People kept asking where I get my costumes. Answer, "Extra honeymoon attire." Smile BTW, it wasn't a trail race. That's my driveway. We shuffle leaves with tractor.

Bugs

Kimmie

Bugs..... very awesome costume! I am feeling good about everything... hoping to sleep well tonight. I will hopefully see you in the morning, Dave.

Oh Mighty Wing

. Answer, "Extra honeymoon attire." Smile
                              speaking of which - aren't you supposed to be off having fun with that??

Dave

It was awful down there today but warm. My whole family got soaked. DW and DD10 are going down tomorrow. DD3 will be at home on a play date. I'm wishing it would be just a bit cooler. 50F at the start and then up to the mid-60's. I'm going to start with a throw away sweatshirt and gloves and then just go with the singlet and shorts. Kevin (Tri-Kev) is telling me he wants to be running 8:00 by mile 5 so I'm either going to let him go or have a really fast first 16 miles tomorrow Wink He was the guy I ran the half with back in March and he was running the full. Stayed with me up till mile 10 and then I really pushed the last couple of miles. This time we're both running the full and I don't think I can hang with him. He's a total stud. Just finished a full ironman triathalon at 48 years old.

dgb2n@yahoo.com