Marathon Trainers

10/13-10/20 (Read 248 times)

Dave

Dave, That first 2 miles doesn't sound very good. I sure hope you keep icing whatever is screaming. My upper body was complaining today. I'm thinking 30 minutes easy tonight, followed by an ice bath. That's kind of scary when you feel so achy you're looking forward to an ice bath.
    Sounds like we're entering that late season injury time again. Bugs, hopefully your upper body pain is nothing serious (or yours either, Kimmie). My legs were just strange. Almost like a shin splint kind of pain but under my knee in the bone. Sort of shooting sensations of medium pain (not intense where I couldn't keep going). Not sure how I'd even start to ice it. Seems better but I'm sure I'll know more tomorrow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave you are right. But here is my excuse for this week - Brian is in Las Vegas for the week and so i've planned lots of things outside of school to keep myself busy so I don't get too lonely (not that it's working) but that means that I didn't leave much time for running. But I am thinking that Saturday I have some time I'd like to go for a nice easy "long run" of 5+ miles.
        Also no work for me today, bank holiday. So, instead I had a 7:30 tee time (and lots of beer). I never drink early in the day, but this seemed like a good excuse. Not sure how, but I got 5 miles in this afternoon. Legs are still tired from the 21, and the stomach wasn't quite right (can't imagine why), but they're in the bank regardless. I must have missed a Bugs avatar in there somewhere. That'll teach me to stay away for more than 24 hours. I should go digging for another one as well.

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs is going avatar crazy!! Husker is that you and your boy? it's a cute pict!

Bugs

Dave, I think every part of my body is just a tish inflammed. I think Nobby was right, "Nothing worse for you muscles than being cold and wet" mine were sure both. Oh and you can get shin splint pain that high up. Here's a yoga exercise for you. Keep feet flat, bend your knees forward. Touch your hands to the floor to keep your balance. Great to stretch the front shins. Ice Massage those shins! Shan, Good running, keep at it. Brain, Are you one of those that drink beer on the marathon course? One day I'd like to try it, just to be funny. The day I run the marathon in my halloween costume. I played computer games with the kids tonight, really nice not to be running every night. Then I went out for a light jog and the neighbor's dog joined me. I told her she was going to get into trouble but she stayed with me. Then when I wanted to turn around she pouted but came back home with me. I think I made a friend there. I'm a dog person if they don't bite and I don't have to clean up their poop. I am sitting here now with feet and ice and it's about the most painful thing ever. Oh what will my avatar be tomorrow??????????

Bugs

Ya, that's me and the boy. Beer on the marathon course, not really. It always sounds cool when there's beer after a 5k or 10k, but all I want to drink is a gatorade, even at that distance. About the time I get home a beer might sound good, but I can't imagine one on the marathon course.
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Bugs - I like the screaming pain thingy the best. Tongiht's workout/date night. I was originally going to just do easy runs this week, but I may do a tempo run this evening. My legs feel amazing. I've noticed a pattern. On my Mon and Tue runs, my legs feel between tired and downright beat up, but on Tue whenI wake up, they feel great, totally recovered. I think I'll take advantage of that.

Bugs

Ya, that's me and the boy. Beer on the marathon course, not really. It always sounds cool when there's beer after a 5k or 10k, but all I want to drink is a gatorade, even at that distance. About the time I get home a beer might sound good, but I can't imagine one on the marathon course.
                  You'd have to practice the beer drinking in your long runs. My next TCM I'd like to practice eating oranges. They looked good again, but I was scared to eat em. There is a fraternity that hands out beer at mile 24 at the end of Grandmas. It sure looked good.

Bugs

Dave

There's also a keg out on the USMC course around mile 23. Taunting you to quit. Here's some pics from the Army 10 miler. http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=32509&BIB=3064 Turned out OK. I suspect there will be more as they process them.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Dave, you look hardcore. Bugs, who's baby is that? so cute! and I have never thought that beer DURING the marathon looked like a good idea. And I love beer. Ok, so I went to my doc yesterday and he said that I jammed my clavicle. I have no idea how. It's been really painful. It's basically the area between my shoulder blades and my upper back. It's hopefully going to get better very quickly. No running today. I see him again tomorrow. Very frustrating... especially since we have less than two weeks to go.

Bugs

Kimmie, I have no idea who's baby that is. But we both agree, "This sucks" I'm really glad you went to the chiropractor, I'm a big believer and in getting help with injuries, just because I've had good luck with chiropractors...if it's a sports one that is. I went to my chiropractor today, we agreed my inflammation is from over stretching. I thought I had a knot in my jaw from TMJ, he said it's not muscular related. He found two more lumps, and I showed him two more I had shown my doctor two months ago. That's five unknown lumps in my neck. The soonest I could get in to see my family doctor is the 23rd. Sad So I really need some "it's just five swollen lymp nodes" vibes. Yes

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Bugs Swollen Lump Love Vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Dave

That's a whole lotta huggin. Hope this turns out to be nothing, Bugs. We'll keep you in our prayers.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

We love our Bugs. So of course she gets lots of Hugging. Best wishes Bugs.

Bugs

Thanks Guys for let me worry. I'm done freakin out, just really didn't see that coming today. I'm the queen of paying for doctors and it coming out as nothing. Dave, I love those pictures. You should buy them. Cash, I forgot to mention earlier. Great work on the half. Still doing all the Personal Trainer work?

Bugs