Marathon Trainers

10/13-10/20 (Read 248 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave I love those!!! The look on your face is totally "oh no bleeper bleeper you are going DOWN!" my legs are a little tweaky - so to stretch them out I did 1.5 miles of a hill. It was JUST what I needed!!! Then I used my new Stick - it was like heaven and I wish DH was here to just roll it all over me! haha

Happy Camper

Good vibes Bugs. You're doing the right thing getting it checked again. I had one in my neck in my late 20's that the Doc decided to remove and check out. It was swollen from an infection. No big deal. These things can be a big deal though. Big deals are much better to treat early on. We wish you the best. Dave: Nice photo's. Looks like it was a great day to race. Cash: Congrats on the 1/2M! I have one day left working this week and then two days of golfing with customers. Nice running aeas where we are going. It will be great if I can get out of bed early enough and hit the paths. Must be something about this time of year. I have had a hard time getting more than recovery runs in the first part of the week. I feel stronger towards the weekend and get some faster runs in and then it's back to recovery pace the start of the next. Who knows? I'll just keep going and try to do better. I'm ready for the time change.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Vibes to Bugs Nice pics Dave I'm making a lot of progress lately and am not showing signs of leveling out any time soon. I did a really solid tempo run this evening. I had been doing cruise intervals ala Daniels but this evening I just went for a solid 20 min tempo run. After the 20 min was up, I cruised through another just under 3 miles. Relaxed the whole time, just nice relaxed effort. Making my way through third consecutive week of 5x per week. I have never felt as good about my running as I do right now.

Dave

P2R, enjoy your business trip. Always fun to run in new areas. MrI, it sounds like you're doing great right now. Try not to get too carried away on any one speedwork session. It's tempting but you may impact other workouts that are important to you. I see some huge PR's in your future. Another 6 and change for me today. Mostly slow. Will take a rest day tomorrow. I've pretty much committed to a one week taper and I'm hesistant to back off much if at all this week. The only thing I'm taking off the table is any real hard speedwork. Those photos cracked me up. The girl in orange (she must have been roasting in that top) was ahead of me in one and then a good bit behind in the rest. I have no memory of any of the people around me or even racing anyone to the finish.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Everybody keep up the great running. I can't believe that after all of this training, my legs are fine but my back is killing me. I didn't run today. I will go see the doc again tomorrow... hopefully it's going to be over soon. At least we're in taper.. but we have 11 days. today, I can barely walk without massive pain and in 11 DAYS, I'm supposed to run for 4 hours? I'll see what the doc says tomorrow and try not to freak out. Today was not a good day. Tomorrow has to be better. Bugs, try not to worry and let us know. Shan, good for you for doing a hill workout. Dave, why only a one week taper?

Bugs

Dave, Hym...not sure you're timeline but I'd try a different approach. Take is very easy 2 weeks before marathon. One week before race a 5K, and during the next week take hardly any days off, so some speed work the week before. At least that's what I'd like to try next time. The typical tapers of only running a few miles the week before have not worked for me, and I won't be doing that again. Funny, I don't remember anyone in my marathon. It was raining so bad everybody stayed to themselves. Another reason this marathon wasn't as fun, didn't get to see how anybody around me did. I'm thinking running 26.2 miles in the freezing cold rain with a throat could make a few lymph nodes enlarge. Smile

Bugs

Bugs

??? You guys should consider putting your races on your calendars... don't know if anybody uses our forum one anymore. It's such a crappy site.

Bugs

Bugs

I saw my doc today and he thought they were lymp nodes, but we're going to find out for sure. Doc ran a sub-3 for TCM, and got a new baby boy on Monday. Not a bad week!

Bugs

Dave

Dave, why only a one week taper?
                    Because I'm an idiot. Blush And I'm guessing I now have some pretty good shin splints. Walking hurt to get to work today. Looks like I just kicked off a 10 day taper. I'm not sure I can risk reinjuring again before the race. Feels sort of like I did after the 10 miler but worse. That improved in about 4 days and let me run my 17 comfortably. I may take a similar break this week and shoot for something short by the weekend. We're all coming to pieces. Tongue

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Dave, sorry about the shin splints. Ice massage my friend. Rest is wonerful for PRs...I'm going to try that someday.. I'm rethinking going to Des Moines this weekend. I'll run tonight and see if my legs are up for a half. Been a not-enough anti-depressents mixed with vodka kind of week. (Extended family sucks.)

Bugs

Kimmie

I love my chiropractor. Big grin Much much better today.... still not going to run though. I will try an easy run tomorrow. Dave, if you come apart just a little more, than maybe you could MCM at MY pace. Smile I know the shin splits will get better. Take Bugs' advice... ice, rest, etc... The whole taper thing I think we've talked about... my coach says you could conceivably run NO MILES for the last three weeks before your marathon and it wouldn't hurt you at all. The only benefit to running during a taper is to keep the basics mechanics up... keep things from getting rusty and then the mental benefit. But physically, according to him, you don't NEED to run. who knows? That could just apply to elites... I tend to listen to what he says but I also know he's speaking from his experience, and he is an elite runner. No matter what, better to be well rested and not injured on race day, obviously. hang in there Bugs. I hear you on the vodka... for me a few Bud lights and trying to get my kids to do everything while I moaned on the couch. Roll eyes

Bugs

I need to learn to drink beer. Good carbs there. Dave, you know I get shin splints sometimes, my graston doc gets me back on the road with one treatment. Just saying. Are you close to Kimmie. Does who chiro perform that treatment?

Bugs

Bugs

I dropped off dinner for my friend that had death in family, her parents were there too, felt so good because they really were appreciative. Then I went and ran 52 minutes. I'm running by time now, 30-60 minutes everyday easy. Then I went home to my family, whom I had left with the leftovers I did not take with. The kids said, "Mom you should cook more often because you're you actually cook pretty good." Smile

Bugs

Bugs

Dave, you should try an run easy today. Warm-up and stretch your chins. Stand with your feet flat on the ground, bend your knees, look forward. Walk with your toes pointed inward, then walk with your toes pointed outward. Shin spints is the lesions in the fascia, if you can break up the lesions it will heal better. That's why when you get warmed up you feel better. Wish I could drag your knee and shins to my graston doctor.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

hi everyone!