Marathon Trainers

10/13-10/20 (Read 248 times)

Bugs

hi everyone!
    Your log is looking really nice!

Bugs

Kimmie

hello you guys. I agree with Bugs, Shan. Your log is looking nice. Keep up the good work. How's everybody feeling? I forgot to ask my doc whether or not I should run. I know that no one knows the answer to this but me, but I just can't decide what to do. I feel like maybe an easy run would be a good thing, but I am so scared to do anything that will tweak my back at all. It's much better, as I've said already, but not all the way better. I haven't run since Monday. I'll keep thinking about it. anyone have thoughts? I see my doc again tomorrow. Man, I never want to do this to myself again. thanks- good runs all.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks!!!! I'm torn because 1 part of me is like everyone is probably thinking I need to get those runs up to 2-3 miles a shot, but I'm doing the best I can and I like running every day. I would rather run 1 mile every day then 2-3 miles 2-3x a week. So I'm trying to not stress and just get myself out there every day. And maybe next week when I'm not so busy distracting myself from the loneliness of not having DH around I'll work on increasing my mileage.

Dave

Kimmie, maybe try and nice easy 3 and see how your back feels. I'm going to try the same thing tomorrow with my shin splints after taking another day off. Yesterday I was probably an 8 on the pain scale. Today I'm at a 5. I should be able to run tomorrow easy, hopefully without reinjuring. Shan, running is better than not running. You can go as far as you decide to go. I remember the girl who ran a 5K race and then went on a 6 mile training run Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

aww I remember her too... I miss her... she was a beast!!! LOL And Kimmie - I say try a very slow very easy NO expectation run.

Bugs

Yesterday I was probably an 8 on the pain scale. Today I'm at a 5. I should be able to run tomorrow easy, hopefully without reinjuring.
              AN 8! Ouch. My Doc says anything from 1-2 is OK to run on. Are you XTing?

Bugs

Dave

I'm probably just a big wuss and over estimating. Maybe a 6 and a 4 Black eye I did bring workout clothes today and could crosstrain. Maybe just some elliptical and some weights.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Dave, XT, it helps more than you think. TCM Race Pictures Picture 32674-183-018, I am seeing the finishline clock. I'm trying to decide how I feel about a 4:03. I was more happy about it than you might expect because at mile 8 I wasn't sure I'd finish. My jaw looks really tense, I gotta fix that problem. MTA: I really don't like my running form. Sometimes I land too much on the side of my foot. It's why I get posterior shin splints and outer calfs get tight. I try to focus on my stride and that helps, clearly didn't that day. I'm not sure there's a shoe that helps that. Probably more from having kids and pelvis changes.

Bugs

Kimmie

Bugs, I love those pictures! You look like you're flying in the last one of just you. Remind me not to post pictures here... I never like how I look when I'm running. too vain, I know. Wow, Dave, I didn't know that you had that much pain. The whole # thing for pain is funny to me. They asked me yesterday... I said 8 on Tuesday and 3 yesterday. I am a baby when it comes to pain and I've birthed children... but I had drugs then. Hang in there... getting ready to go for a no expectation run. Smile

Dave

I think I would look fiercer if I could get my hair to stand straight up when I run Big grin Who am I kidding? I don't have any hair. Bugs, those pictures looked great!! #6 up at the top was awesome.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

I think I would look fiercer if I could get my hair to stand straight up when I run Big grin Who am I kidding? I don't have any hair. Bugs, those pictures looked great!! #6 up at the top was awesome.
                        Isn't my hair funny! My hair seems to fly better than the competition, not if only I could get the legs to fly like that. I will buy some, for the exercise room walls. There are a crap load of lost pictures because we all had throw-away shirts on for most of the race. I'll have to dig through to see if I can find one of me soaking wet.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

i'll have to check out those pictures later. dave - sorry you are in pain!! Suck it up ya Pansy! Tongue
                          Kimmie

Just got back from 4.5 in 40 min. felt awesome... so I'm thinking I'm ok... another doc's visit tomorrow.. and I won't run more than 8 this weekend.

Oh Mighty Wing

Just got back from 4.5 in 40 min. felt awesome... so I'm thinking I'm ok... another doc's visit tomorrow.. and I won't run more than 8 this weekend.
                              yeah
                                Bugs, you look tough in those pictures! Shan, are you a streaker again? Big grin Nice running. Dave, sorry to hear about the shin splints. Mine come and go, luckily they haven't gotten near as bad training for this marathon as the last. I ran the last 4.5 miles of the marathon today at the end of an 8.3 miler. Wow, that's not going to be fun. I'm a flat-land runner, and that stuff's not cool. One of the steeper hills is about mile 25.5. Oh well, since it's a loop, it's got to even our somewhere! Oh, I'm only about 11 miles behind the 1500 mile bunny. That's the closest I've been in months. The challenge will be after the marathon, trying to catch back up after recovering for a week.