Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/28 (Read 320 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, that's my problem with rest days. When I'm not running or anything else, my mind just focuses on the next meal! (or snack, or nibble...)

hehe i've been doing pretty good with that - ok I did have 2 breakfasts... but i did better with lunch LOL, but it's probably because i'm focusing on my 5k this weekend... it's funny it's like i'm in taper madness for a race I haven't tapered for and is only a 5k.... but i'm all crazy and hyper over it...

And if he leaves nothing happens I don't think.

No I haven't taken him to the doctor though if he still has this fever come this weekend he'll be going first thing Monday morning insurance or no insurance! When Frankie gets sick he goes all out.

OMG how did I miss that Murphy threw out 2 left shoes lmao ( I know it's probably not so funny and more frustrating) I have so many pairs of the 2120's I doubt I ever wear the same two twice in a row when I do wear them.

Got my weight workout in.  I had PLANNED on going light however the evil part of me decided to screw that and go heavy. My arms and legs are toasted right now. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ringmaster

I missed Murphy's throwing out two left shoes too. I would do the same--it's why I always have two different models to run in. Though I have to say I'm a little surprised I haven't shown up for a run or race wearing one Nike and one Adrenaline, or something like that. Especially since every shoe I buy is blue, cheapskate me.

Have a great race, Shan. I'll be thinking of you and waiting for the rr.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

Hail to The Victors!

Two left shoes... awesome!

Good luck to racers this weekend!  Can't believe that fall marathon season is here already...not running any marathons this fall has kind of put me out of it. 

Still fighting the knee/hammy thing.  Realized that it might be aggrivated by my chair at work...my feet hang down, and I think it aggrivates the hammy at the knee.   I'm always most sore at work in the morning. in the Afternoon, I never notice that it's sore because it's still loose from the lunch run. Today, however, it's been very nearly pain free (after hurting quite a bit during the run). 

If it keeps up after the race this weekend, I'll have to find someone medical-like who can help me figure out what exactly is causing it.

For the record, neither pair was new. They were both pretty well warn, and probably beyond their usefullness. Sucked that I couldnt get even a short run in the other day when I was ready. Will be ready tonight though.
            theyapper

On the road again...

Hey Murphy!  Good to see you.

Rest day for me.  Meetings, got in some writing, and off to play some piano and sing tonight.  Fun stuff!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hey Murphy!  Two left shoes - haha.

No run for me today.  I'll do 2 tomorrow.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Enjoy your rest day Lou!

Got in a nice 5.5 mile run last night. I had planned on easy peasy however when I noticed I was close to 8:15 for the third mile and it felt more like an 8:40-8:50 mile I figured ah what the heck.Why not push it a bit for the last mile and a half. I can not wait to do a 5k in November!  I have a nice new PR waiting to burst out! Sometimes I wish my 305 was working. My 9:30 MMP feels like my  Low heart rate pace from summer of 08. Ken says I need to readjust my paces which I'll do AFTER the marathon

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

happy resting and nice running to you all!

i've got 10 for this afternoon... and nice little shake-out before the race tomorrow... which i'm climbing up and down the walls thinking about...

Kimmie

Hey Lou!   Good luck at your marathon this weekend!   When do you all leave?  I have a friend who always thought this would be a fun one to do.  It might make the list someday.   I bet it will be beautiful.  Do you and PreDawn have a time goal?  Do you think they will have beer in addition to wine afterwards?  Do you drink wine?

Well, I'm getting excited about my half tomorrow.  It's called the Freedom Run Marathon.  Starts in Shepherdstown, WV.  (about an hour from my house)  and then crosses the Potomac River-  runs through the Antietam Battlefield, which is where part of my 200 mile relay was...  

Look at this elevation

http://www.freedomsrun.org/Course.aspx   

in case, I didn't link that right, it has a pretty significant downhill section starting from mile 9 to 11.  And then another significant hill from 12 to 13.    

My legs are feeling better, but then again, I haven't tested them out.  Cant' believe I haven't really run since Tuesday.  I'll probably go for an easy 3 today just to see how they're feeling.

This race ends in the football stadium at Shepherdstown University.  That should be fun-   and apparently a big post race party.  But, I'll be needing to get back to my girls.

The last half I did was the National Marathon in DC, where I met Dave and Perry and Lou (after)  Smile

I didn't realize how bad my cold was when I started that race.   And I just remember trying to keep pace with Perry and Dave and knowing about a half mile into it, that I wasn't going to be able to hang.   The worst pacing race I've ever done.  And the pictures are hilarious, because I can't breathe through my nose, so my mouth is really big.

So, hopefully this race will go better than that.  Smile

Any thoughts about pacing with the big downhill and hill at the end?  Obviously, save some for the hill, right?

Shan-  have a blast at your 5K.

Jeremy- hope your hammy issues clear up.

Paul- I play piano and sing too!   It IS fun.

Pam- hang in there.  It's never easy when your kids are sick.

Murphy- keep up the good work.

wow, didn't mean to ramble on so much....

Have a good day all.

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - my friend is running the full!!! he's a marathonguide.com runner - he's coming up from TN. Oh and GOOD LUCK!
                        theyapper

On the road again...

Kim - that is a serious downhill and uphill!  That shouldn't be allowed at the end of a half!  Of course, you'll do fine.

So, you play and sing, too?  That's cool.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN at Wineglass Lou!!! I have a bunch KR friends that will be running that ( I would be too if dh would have let me Sad  )

As for the down hill and the hill at the end, I've always held back on the down hills so that I'm running strong on the uphills at the end. HOWEVER  that doesn't always make for the fastest time. Since your race is just a half I say kick it in the down hills and pray come time for the uphill at the end lol.   That's my plan for Steamtown

Enjoy your 10 miler Shan! 

BTW THanks Kimmie! He had me a bit worried last night. He decided around 6 or so to take a nap. Well needless to say he never woke back up. Now there were times we THOUGHT he was awake however he wasn't. I actually thought that maybe he was going to break his fever overnight but I was wrong.  I had to give him cough medicine at like 5 am. He said that he had been coughing since 4:30. So another day watching pokeman and whatever other shows he finds entertaining on the kids channels. Maybe he'll be into a Starwars marathon.

Anyway not sure I'll get a run in tonight. Dh didn't get his run in last night so I have to make sure that he gets his chance tonight. Good thing I'm tapering lol

any of you piano players want to give Frankie lessons??? Actually I need to talk to my girlfriend who's a music teacher. He's got an electric piano in his room and I know he'd love to learn to play. He's a natural musician

Kimmie

Sorry he's still feeling badly, Pam.  Sad   

funny you should say that about piano lessons.  I'm seriously thinking of starting to teach.  I teach my girls and I think it would be fun.  So,  I may be personal training, substitute teaching, piano teaching AND training for marathons.   Smile  I like to stay busy.

Paul- DH and I are both musicians.  We met on a worship team at our church in Florida.  He was singing a solo and I was singing backup vocals.  Seriously, love at first sight.  Yup, I'm a sucker for a guy with a smooth voice.