Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/31 (Read 249 times)

Cashmason

2.6 miles with Mutt Mutt today.   First mile and half not bad  an easy 9:24 pace.  Then she got tired and pace went to 9 43 then to 10 33 for last 2/3 of a mile.

She has been napping ever since we got home.   Calves acted up again at mile 2.5.

Taught cycle in morning and evening yesterday.   One of my regulars came in, and she was so blitzed that she had to have her son drop her off at the gym and husband pick her up afterwards.   Dunno why she had a need to exercise when she was that drunk.

At least she knew not to drive,  have to give her credit for that.

Dave

No kidding!  Very similar.  Yours looks a little lighter (which I probably like better).  We went with the standard Home Depot tile.  They had a deco that looked something like that but opted for something slightly simpler.  

Same gray grout too.  I like the edge detail on the right.  

But do you have a bunny? 

NICE Dave!!! Looks kinda familiar

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Nice tile work Dave!  Wish I were that handy. 

Erika:  Do you can a lot from your garden? 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Forest Fires in Alaska

Although the "slideshow" doesn't work, the two photos on the article page are neat -- the lower one is stunning.

Swam in pool for first time in months -- just to practice flipturns -- went ok -- 1000m of straight freestyle in short pool, and didn't get particularly tired by the flipturns -- that was a good discovery, as sometimes in the past they've made me too tired.

Bugs: Am doing the local tri next weekend, and it is a sprint: 750m/13m/5K

PS: Wasn't that hot here tonight, but I came in soaked -- Crystal tells me that that is cause it is extremely humid.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Whew - still friends with Bugs -- I'm thinking she clicked something by accident, Pam

Amazing story about the fires, Erika

Nice tile (and bunny) Dave

Got 7 in this morning, barely.  Couldn't run fast at all.  Not tolerating the heat at all yet.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Bryan, I freeze some things. Make dilled beans from the green beans, freeze some of the beets, store the potatoes in the garage (I rarely have to ever buy potatoes). But for the most part, we eat it. And I grow some stuff for my parents since my mom hasn't gardened for years.

I ran home from work, sort of. DH picked me up and took me to my parents' house, then I ran most of the way home, with him picking me up on the last hill to home. 6 miles total, windy hilly run but felt pretty good. Legs felt stiff and tired though, and I had to remind myself that my two days "off" weren't rest days, but hard garden work. So it was all good. Grilling blue cheese burgers tonight over mesquite. Yum. Oh, something cool... the wind was pretty strong this evening and had changed direction so the smoke was virtually all gone! But when I was finishing my run, I go down this cool hill and have a view of the whole valley, and could see the smoke rolling back in like a fog bank in San Francisco. Pretty wild.

Hawt and sexy

Ok, I am checking in.

I had to take a couple of days off of running to get used to the heat.

I am trying to talk myself out of buying about $300 off yarn worth about 3 times that. But I use it so I don't know.

I got my costumes for my running year.

Dilled beans? That just sounds good.

I got new stuff for what may become my business. If not, i tried dammit.

I think I should train.

I'm touching your pants.

theyapper

On the road again...

Erika - I love those views that you only get because you were out running.

W - that's a lot of yarn.

Sticky run this morning.  50 minutes, slow and easy.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Where was everyone yesterday?  I worked like 11.5 hours so didn't get much time to post.

Today I finally had a run in the heat which wasn't slow as molasses.  Maybe I'm starting to get acclimated to the heat or maybe it was the 12 oz of gatorade I had before starting.  69°F and 96% humidity.

8.2 miles @ 8:14/mi

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Morning all!

Yesterday was a busy day for me.  I subbed, then taught piano, then did some personal training.  All 3 of my part time jobs on the same day.  I called it a perfect storm.  Smile

I ran 4 easy last night and will run 7 today.   It's getting hot out there already.

Glad to hear your run went well, Lou.  The Gatorade probably helped.

Sorry to hear your calves were acting up again, Cash.   Yesterday, I did some calf strengthening exercises and I realized how weak they had become.  So, I hope that if I just stick with those that I can get my strength back and no longer have issues.

Right now, I've got 2 toenails that want to come off but haven't come off all the way yet.   Just in time for summer.  Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Had an unscheduled 4 miles this morning.  Got to run it with 2 friends (some of you may remember Chris from Nationals) and so we talked most of the way and didn't really pay attention to pace.  Breathing was controlled throughout and Chris and I sprinted the last tenth.  For the record, I won.  Was amazed when I looked at the splits to find we'd run a nice little progression:

9:51

9:38

9:12

8:40

Good way to start the day.  

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice unplanned progression. More swimming and a little running for me last night. Just running tonight, then some racing this weekend.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

Whew I whipped.  10 & change this morning, work and then weight lifting with the bone study group tonight.  I'm  glad the weight lifting is over for the week. It's  hard to do after work.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

I've been wondering how that study group has been going, Bryan.

Nice run, Paul.  It's always fun to end a run so fast, especially with friends.

Went to the track tonight for the first time in awhile.   Ran 800 repeats-  loved it and realized how much I've missed track workouts.

Did 5 of them in the 3:40 range, with the last one at 3:35- happy with that.  Love that almost gonna puke feeling.  Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Looks like everyone's pacing themselves on the boards.  You've got to be smart about how often you post in the summer heat and humidity.  

Didn't get out until after 8 this morning and it was steamy.  Already 80F and over 80% humidity.  Still got in a little under 5 miles, but the last 2 miles were not as easy as they should have been.

Today's the last day of school for my kids.  Half day today and then they're free!

Paul