Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/5 (Read 355 times)

Bugs

I drove to Nashville - if you want it its worth it.
    It's the winter driving that freaks me out. I don't do well driving if conditions get crappy.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

It's the winter driving that freaks me out. I don't do well driving if conditions get crappy.
      i spent 3 hours in a snow storm trying ot get out of pa - I agree - it sucks big you know whats.

Bugs

i spent 3 hours in a snow storm trying ot get out of pa - I agree - it sucks big you know whats.
        You're right though, I should at least try. I'm a baby, and use to my DH helping me out on the things I don't do well. I'll stay at my brothers, do the driving myself, as long weather is OK. If the roads are crap, I pick me and my sanity instead of the race.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH BUGS!!! I say try it!! The worst that can happen is you turn around. And that's just not that bad!!! Plus I think you would regret it if you didn't try!

Dave

YEAH BUGS!!! I say try it!! The worst that can happen is you turn around. And that's just not that bad!!! Plus I think you would regret it if you didn't try!
            Good grief. Its like watching someone debate their inner demons. Like that little angel and the devil on the shoulder in "Animal House". By all means, if Shan says to do it, it must be a good idea. Sheesh...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

cause clearly i am an angel! Big grin

Bugs

Sorry Dave.

Bugs

Coming back from a ski trip (Vermont to Maryland), we spent 8 hours without moving in PA (I-178). Luckily we had food in the car and we had just gassed up so we were warm and didn't go hungry. We had reading material so we didn't get too bored. We got along just fine (wife, stepdaughter and myself). Um, er, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned this while Bugs is making her decisions...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Coming back from a ski trip (Vermont to Maryland), we spent 8 hours without moving in PA (I-178). Luckily we had food in the car and we had just gassed up so we were warm and didn't go hungry. We had reading material so we didn't get too bored. We got along just fine (wife, stepdaughter and myself). Um, er, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned this while Bugs is making her decisions...
                    i was by myself on a detour off I-81. Thankfully my GPS kept me from getting lost.

Dave

Sorry Dave.
                      That's it. I'm going resort Big grin to lots of smiley faces TongueWinkCoolShyand junk when I'm making a joke Black eyeAngryYesUndecided And since the joke is totally shot. Bugs was the angel Shan was the devil

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I am soo not a Evil grin... Big grin

Bugs

The really funny part is most people would be worried about running 2 hours in freezing cold, not me, I worry about driving on winter roads, traffic jams, never mind the fear of bridge collapsing.

Bugs

Cashmason

Yes Lou, I am fine now and running without pain. Thanks for asking. IT band pain is what got me into Triathlons. I couldnt run much, and wanted to keep working out, so I wouldnt gain back the weight I had lost. So started biking, and then said if I want to do a tri, I have to swim. Shan and Bugs are both Angels. And yes jokes sometimes flop on the internet, since people cant see your face or hear your tone of voice. Cant tell if its a joke, or you are just being mean. But as someone said, in this forum, our fights are like carebears having a pillow fight. Taught an hour of spin, and then had to get home in time to meet the plumber. Now we can do the laundry and dishes again. The drain line had been plugged for the last two weeks. Yes I called then. Hard to get someone here the day before Christmas. After Christmas, one guy came out, did his thing. Plumbing worked for a day. Next day called him back. Didnt have snake long enough so had to call another guy. Then it was New Years, and the next guy just got back from vacation yesterday. Hopefully it stays fixed longer than a day this time.
                            Kimmie

I got that you were joking Dave. Smile Smile Smile And I also think that they are both angels. Bugs, when is this half of yours? I ran outside today with a couple of friends. So glad I didn't do the treadmill. Question: I have 22 scheduled for this weekend. Can't do it Saturday at all- sleep over in the morning, conference for the rest of the day. Sunday also shot with church and another conference . So, options: Friday afternoon squeezing it in while kids are at school. I may be tired, really tired and that may affect DD's 8th birthday party sleepover. Confused Like, instead of being fun and cheery with 10 little girls in my house, I may be snappish and force them all to go sleep at 9. But, I really have no other option except to make this week shorter and go longer next weekend. My running group is also holding track workouts on Thursday nights now and I'd like to go to that. I don't know if my body can handle hard speed the night before a long run, though. hmmm...... anyone want to come help me entertain 10 8 year olds? Shocked

Bugs

I would like to be a sexy angel that can run really fast. Kim, I overdid the long slow runs last time. You've already got some really good endurance runs in. I run with the group on Thursday. Skip the LR. Then run my LR faster next weekend, probably a progression run. This half is on the 24th. I thought I would rest up this week, try to run faster this weekend, then start resting. I feel like I am never rested enough for these races. Better to be unprepared, than overtrained.

Bugs