Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-30 (Read 351 times)

Dave

They also bite. Shan - I agree with everything Cash said.
    They don't actually bite. They have no teeth. But they do go with the flow. Shan, didn't you want a nickname that conveyed speed. Something like Cheetah or Gazelle?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - sorry about your calves. Pam - BECAUSE I LOVE IT!!!! And it's what I want to do! I've been wanting to do this for a long time, I guess I just needed the right push to get me out there. Dave - Funny I have legs and I bite... ugh I mean... I'm pretty and fluid... yeah that's it! Lou - I'll work on the whole log thing.
        Well then enjoy the ride while it lasts Shannon Smile Have fun at Golden gate!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Well I bought me some Mizuno Wave Inspire 5s. Jury is still out on if I like them. They don't really stand out in anyway though they are supposed to be close to 4 oz lighter than the 2140s. They didn't screw with my toes which is a plus. We'll see how my feet feel in them after a high milage week (which won't be this week). Can I say I really hate the crappy feeling you get from drainage going into your stomach and I hate how colds can screw with your appetite. Yesterday I didn't want to eat a thing until dh made the twins Tortelini for dinner. For some odd reason it smelled like beef stew to me and BOOM I was starving, but only beef stew would do. Needless to say dh ended up at the store buying some Already made beef stew (normally ewwwwwww but such is life) Guess I should be thankfull that I'm not as bad as dh is and I don't have to go to work while sick.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hail to The Victors!

Good luck out west Jellyfish! I love hiking in the Marin Headlands, so I can imagine running there is going to be twice as awesome! Today was 9 easy after yesterday's speediness. Tomorrow is a 20 miler in the rain in the morning, and then a drive to IL alone to see my Brother, and his wife and daughter to start our little racing series we have every year. I run a race by him, and then he comes out here and runs a race by me. This year, we might add a race at our parents, not sure yet. Looking forward to it, though!
            Kimmie

Didn't run today- legs just too sore...

Oh Mighty Wing

Please excuse me... I'm a little crazy this week... I'm getting ready to go on my biggest adventure ever and I'm a little nervous and it apparently has me lashing out.... I apologize Black eye
                  I think Im looking at an easy 4-6 today. Likely off day tomorrow--dinner with friends. Probably 8-10 on Sat and 18 on Sunday. That would get me another 50 mile week. Next week, I will keep the weekday runs short to be fresh for my 20 miler. Probably step down to about 40 miles. One more week of high mileage, and then two weeks of taper. I think I may be somewhat ready for this thing.
                    Shan- This is a marathon training thread. You are running a marathon a week. Of course we are going to pay attention to you. People racing and reporting is a highlight. I think if you go back and read--most of the posts where someone expressed concern (there really arent that many) was followed pretty much by Go Shan!, Have Fun, etc..etc. I dont think concern=negativety at all. Additionally-- even though a lot of advice is directed at you, others may find value in that advice for themselves. So, take it with a grain of salt, but realize others may find it valuable. Be sure to report from California. Have fun.
                      Please excuse me... I'm a little crazy this week...
                      Don't worry, Shan. It's all good. (a little crazy this week haha) (this is Lou, not being negative in the slightest - really Smile)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cashmason

Shan, we love you, and you are doing things that most of us can barely dream about. We love seeing you do well..... and if things ever go south,.... we will still love you anyways. 35 miles riding this morning, and off to teach indoor cycle in a few minutes.
                        evanflein

No worries, Shan. Heck my boys barely listen to me, so I can hardly demand anyone else does. Have fun, be careful, and pay attention to the clues and signals your body sends you. Sometimes it's pretty subtle, but you'd be smart to listen to your legs. Heck, I'd love to run the races she's doing... I just don't have the travel budget for it!! Black eye I hope you can nip that shin pain in the bud, Kimmie. Sometimes it's just a quick tick telling you your legs don't like something you did (treadmill?), but it can be a buggar to get rid of full blown shin splints. Lou, I wish I could take the day off to brew beer! I guess first of all I'd have to know how to do that. Hmmm... I did tell DH one day I was going to take a day off to clean the house. He looked at me like I was nuts. I never did do it, but I'm tempted. Murphy, I bet you're better prepared for this race than any other I've seen you do. Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!
                              Took the day off. Will sneak in some miles tomorrow. My puppy has a very swollen and bloody toe, doesnt seem to be bothering her. But I will be taking her to the vet in the afternoon. Sad The bright side is taking off early will buy me time to run.

Dave

I've fallen into the every other day running thing. Hope to get back to more consistent running. After dinner, DD11 accidentally spilled a bottle of salad dressing on my ipod touch (she was using the calculator for homework). Looks dead. Ugh. Undecided Good luck on the west coast this weekend, Shan! (I understand the number, just not the two letters before it. I'm so slow).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com