CR Refugees

Marathon Trainers - Week of 16 December (Read 540 times)

Dave

Thought I'd restart this thread here and see if anyone might link up from the old board. Dressing now for an easy 4.5. Should be able to log some consistent mileage with holiday working hours. Regards, Dave

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Dave. FYI, there is already a marathon training group here in RA. It's called the Marathon Madness Mob. Welcome!

Roads were made for journeys...

Dave

I saw that and already joined. I just started this thread to see if any of the regular posters to the Marathon Trainers thread had made their way over here.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Well I gave up on CR also and migrated over here. Actually like the log better over here which is the reason. Well my marathon training for Boston officially started on Sunday and..... I manage to come down with a cold/virus/stomach bug that evening which has basically incapacitated me for four days! Great start to my 18 week plan. Felt like dog Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesday. Made it back to work on Wed. Might try a real easy low HR 3-4 miler tomorrow AM depending how I feel. I hate the winter

Great start to my 18 week plan.
            Better such a "great start" than getting that kind of a "great finish" to an 18 week plan...

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

hey all. Im cool with doing this here vs the group I created. Wherever the masses go. But Im definately gonna be mostly done with the active forums. Too clumsy and a pain to get to--log in, etc. Hopefully the others end up here. Starting training for Flying Pig in a couple weeks. Done recovering from Vegas.

Oh Mighty Wing

Hey guys! I'm sorta circulating around for now trying to figure out what's going on and where is a good place for me.

Dave

hey all. Im cool with doing this here vs the group I created. Wherever the masses go. But Im definately gonna be mostly done with the active forums. Too clumsy and a pain to get to--log in, etc. Hopefully the others end up here. Starting training for Flying Pig in a couple weeks. Done recovering from Vegas.
                  My take is that once everyone migrates over, this can end up in whatever forum makes sense, including the local marathon group (marathon madness mob). I'm with you on the problems with Active, murph. The only reason I'm posting there now is to try and move folks over. I'm going to sign up for my next event before the end of the year. Either the Shamrock or the National HM. Ski trip the week before the National will keep me from doing the whole shebang.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Better such a "great start" than getting that kind of a "great finish" to an 18 week plan...
                    True, tried a 3 miler this morning and it was incredibly slow. Almost like I'm starting over. Oh well we'll see how long it takes me to get out of this funk. I think Boston 08 will be my first and last Spring marathon.

this is why I run....

anyone traiing for Boston?

Dave

The old CR Marathon Trainers group has created a new group here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/CRMarathonTrainers/

dgb2n@yahoo.com