Connecticut Runners

2016 Racing Thread (Read 14 times)

46:49 in a soggy messy monsoon of a run for the Morris Marsh Point 4 miler.

"Micahel Gerwier"? I guess the raindrops blurred the sign in sheets a little? Can't imagine racing in that slop.

And yes, good luck Yond!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
    mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

"Micahel Gerwier"? I guess the raindrops blurred the sign in sheets a little? Can't imagine racing in that slop.

And yes, good luck Yond!

Yeah, that would be a good excuse, if I had done race day entry.  Somebody had trouble typing and reading when they did the pre-reg roster.  I'm used to it. That's why I don't bother including the "i" and "e" in my username - nobody gets it right anyway.

The last half mile rain was coming down so hard we couldn't see more than 50 yards ahead.  Thank God for the volunteers waving their orange  flags to tell us where to turn right for the finish.  Talk about dedicated people - at least we were running and generating some heat.  They were just standing there.

I have stupidly tried to "manage" some achilles pain I've had since after my last race (late nov). in a futile effort to try and "keep" my fitness. I was sort of okay for a while, but after a really miserable two weeks, I've sort of come to the realization that I need to get myself right and let go of some misguided thoughts. Anyway, withdraw my jan 31 mile race. That's not happening.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I have stupidly tried to "manage" some achilles pain I've had since after my last race (late nov). in a futile effort to try and "keep" my fitness. I was sort of okay for a while, but after a really miserable two weeks, I've sort of come to the realization that I need to get myself right and let go of some misguided thoughts. Anyway, withdraw my jan 31 mile race. That's not happening.

Sorry to hear that, Kevin - hope it heals up quick for you.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

yond  - Good Luck in SC this weekend !

How did it go ?

beat

Break on through

Ok... here are the major ones into June...

2/7  Boston Build Up 20K  Fairfield  1:23:30

2/28 Boston Build Up 25K  Norwalk   1:47:00

4/3 Greater Danbury Road Races  Half Marathon  Danbury  1:28:00

5/1 Redding Road Race  Half Marathon  Redding  1:28:00

6/18 Mount Washington Road Race   7.6 Miles  Pinkham Notch, NH   1:26:00

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

delicate flower

01/23 - Snowstorm Classic 10K

40:57.  42 second PR.

<3

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

40:57.  42 second PR.

Well done! Was that giant hole in the middle of the course easier now that you knew about it ahead of time ?

delicate flower

Well done! Was that giant hole in the middle of the course easier now that you knew about it ahead of time ?

No hole this time!  They changed the course back to the "original" course after a temporary change due to construction.  So this time the race started inside the hole, but went along the bottom of one of the hills rather than up it.  I probably gained 15 seconds alone due to that.

<3

beat

Break on through

2/7  Boston Build Up 20K  Fairfield  1:23:30  (goal)

result:  1:25:48   41st place

So, a couple minutes off of my goal.  I started out at what turned out to be an "optimistic" pace.  By 4 miles, I found I couldn't maintain 6:30 pace.  I ended up with 6:55 min/mile overall pace, which I feel I can build on and improve for next race.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

beat

Break on through

2/28  Boston Build Up 25K  Silvermine  1:47:00  (goal)

result:  1:48:18   25th place

So... 1:18 off of my goal.  I'm getting closer, anyway!

delicate flower

Nice job with the racing, beat!

Colchester HM:  1:34:48.  Knocked five minutes off my time from last year.  Couldn't be much happier with it.  I was on PR pace halfway through the race and briefly thought it was a possibility, then the hill at mile 8 laughed at me and kicked me in the balls.

<3

Good racing Chris and Phil. Season is heating up now.

Well, not my best effort. 16:56 and third old guy. Was fun to meet the guys and girls on the team though. Missed yond and mike too!

not that it makes a big difference, but 16:54 chip time

yond

Good job Kevin.  Too crowded and I didn't know how to find you... Perfect weather but it seems I am not in a good shape.

Well, not my best effort. 16:56 and third old guy. Was fun to meet the guys and girls on the team though. Missed yond and mike too!

not that it makes a big difference, but 16:54 chip time