Drinkers with a Running Problem

Worst Beers (Read 360 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Has Miller always owned/made the Beast?
    Without any facts to back this up, I'm gonna say yes, because I can't imagine a scenario where the Miller folks are sitting around saying, "We really need to expand our foothold in the shit beer segment. Let's buy Milwaukee's Best from AB."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Without any facts to back this up, I'm gonna say yes, because I can't imagine a scenario where the Miller folks are sitting around saying, "We really need to expand our foothold in the shit beer segment. Let's buy Milwaukee's Best from AB."
      Ha, good point! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Oh, btw, Jeff, love the new sig line. I'm honored.
        Scout7

Yeah, we would do a similar thing in college. Go to one bar early for HH, get pitchers of Guinness for $4, then leave when it was over and head to another bar for the band. You can get pretty happy with 2.5 hrs worth of Guinness.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, we would do a similar thing in college. Go to one bar early for HH, get pitchers of Guinness for $4, then leave when it was over and head to another bar for the band. You can get pretty happy with 2.5 hrs worth of Guinness.
            That reminds of bad beer senior year of college. During my last semester, my classes on Friday were done by noon. So I'd go back to the apartment, eat lunch, sleep for about 3hrs, and head to HH. The deal was $2 cover, and $1 pitchers of beer. Bad beer -- it may have been the Beast. Nevertheless, I dutifully showed most Fridays with a $5 bill in my pocket, and left absolutely butt-faced, having had 2~3 pitchers of the Beast. Ah, higher education... Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Schaefer. Schaefer Lite. America's Oldest Lager. And tastes like it too. Could be the reason their advertising slogan was "The beer to have when you are having more than one"
                I once went to the Sports Column (a bar) at the University of Iowa (GO Hawks!) on a Thurs night. The deal there was $5 cover (which we didn't pay because the rugby guys work the door and my friend was their assistant coach) and EVERYTHING on tap was $1. Stupid me, I though this was for a pint and ordered one - only to be offered a pitcher instead. I was dumbfounded and ordered more. Big mistake. The taps said Miller Lite, but there's no way. This brew was horrid, horrid stuff. Fine for the college crowd I suppose, but I'm a bit older now and should have known better. Never again (probably). I definitely preferred the $5 all your can drink beer at the Magic Bus on game day. No joke, taps stick out the side of a school bus and you help yourself - before, during and after the game. The kegs are inside and a band (Dogs on Skiis) plays on the roof, and the money raised goes to charity. Such fun does not often occur north of the 49th parallel...
                Scout7

At Penn State, they used to celebrate the Phi Psi 500. This was an event that consisted of running down the 2 main streets downtown (they're each one way in opposite directions), and stopping in each bar along the route to have a beer. For most people, this was an altogether silly event, that involved costumes and other such frivolity. Not for my father's friend, though. Oh no, to him, this was a challenge. He actually TRAINED for this event (how, I'm not quite sure, but would LOVE to see that training plan). He has the course record. Unfortunately, they eventually stopped said event, as it encouraged drinking and other such nonsense.
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

As silly collegiate events go, it's hard to beat the Naked Mile at Michigan. (link is to my RA recap of the event. SFW)

Scout7

We used to do that, too. Night before finals. It was called the Mifflin Streak. Then some chick my freshman year decides it's degrading to women, and holds a candlelight vigil to protest the event. The cops were so numerous, no one even attempted to run around without a shirt on, much less naked. Some people's kids........
                        Where I went to school (Dalhousie University in Halifax, NS), we used to have a drinking three-legged race up the stairs to the top of each residence, chug a beer, on to the next res and so on. Costumes were certainly the order of the day. It was run each of the four years I was there, but I heard there was a brief hiatus one year when two underclassmen snuck in with fake ideas and promptly tumbled down a few flights of stairs breaking a leg, and arm and a collar bone.

The voice of mile 18

I am starting to think all light beer should be outlawed.went to a BBq tonight and had corona light. Ewww! Tight lipped Except amstel light they should all be banned like asbestos.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Except amstel light they should all be banned like asbestos.
                            Yum! Rolling Rock Green Light isn't bad, either. I do like Labatt's light, as well. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

most are just watered down junk. life is too short for bad food or booze

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Scout7

Yum! Rolling Rock Green Light isn't bad, either. I do like Labatt's light, as well. k
                                Oh ye flipping gods, did you just say that Rolling Rock wasn't bad?!?! What on earth is wrong with your tastebuds?