Drinkers with a Running Problem

Home Brewers... (Read 1606 times)

Prince of Fatness

Three Floyds does that with some of their bottles. This, for example, I believe. An IPA with lactose. Interesting.

I think that it was this one.  I have had it and it was real good.  Could definitely notice the lactose in there.

I have some lactose leftover from the stout and was thinking what to use it in.  Maybe an oat brown ale.  Sort of like cookies and cream.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

In hand, thank! Slight smoke, big malts, smooth, drinks like a wine almost. Thanks Finn!

My pleasure.  Glad that you enjoyed.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ya, Finn, you are right. I remembered wrong.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Three Floyds does that with some of their bottles. This, for example, I believe. An IPA with lactose. Interesting.

Actually, this one:

Apocalypse Cow

MTA: Damn. Finn beat me to it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

gusgordon

Interesting, thanks.  Will try to find the Apocalypse Cow.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Interesting, thanks.  Will try to find the Apocalypse Cow.

3 Floyds isn't widely distributed. IN, KY, IL, & WI and quantities of their seasonal beers tend to be limited.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

3 Floyds isn't widely distributed.

That's why you Indy peeps need to send me some.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

That's why you Indy peeps need to send me some.

Let me know which ones you've had and I'll pick up the slack.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Let me know which ones you've had and I'll pick up the slack.

I can come up with a list.  I will always take some Zombie Dust.  No rush.  It's likely that I will have some beer to send out that way in a couple of months.

Also this has caught my eye .... http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/05/upland-brewing-malefactor-epic-flanders.html

Interesting that you posted in this thread, as I am brewing a small batch of beer this evening.  Maris Otter / Cascade SMaSH.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would not mind some of that myself...Upland big sours like this are lottery + allocation, typically however.

Feeling the growl again

I can come up with a list.  I will always take some Zombie Dust.  No rush.  It's likely that I will have some beer to send out that way in a couple of months.

Also this has caught my eye .... http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/05/upland-brewing-malefactor-epic-flanders.html

Interesting that you posted in this thread, as I am brewing a small batch of beer this evening.  Maris Otter / Cascade SMaSH.

I'll see what I can do...if Trent is correct it may be problematic.

Sounds like a nice beer....I was busy tonight too.  Black raspberry port, 20% ABV.  This stuff turned out very nice and will only get better with some age.  Altogether I have >5 gallons of it; it will last awhile.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I would not mind some of that myself...Upland big sours like this are lottery + allocation, typically however.

I can never grovel for beer without you chiming in it seems.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Black raspberry port, 20% ABV.

That sounds tasty.

As for the beer it is a nice to have, nothing to disrupt your life for.  I will keep an eye out and let you know when I hear about the release.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

That sounds tasty.

As for the beer it is a nice to have, nothing to disrupt your life for.  I will keep an eye out and let you know when I hear about the release.

An FYI on the release would certainly help.

Those are 375mL bottles you see....I could fit one in a beer shipment...

Prince of Fatness

Those are 375mL bottles you see....I could fit one in a beer shipment...

You tasted my home brew.  The least that I could do is taste your homemade wine.  Sure.

Not at it at all.