Drinkers with a Running Problem

Home Brewing? Wine Making? Distilling? (Read 398 times)

I am so glad I started this group! The RA family is wild and fun. Woot! So, I am curious...after watching hours of the History Channel discussing prohibition and bootlegging...do any of this group's wonderful people make their own beer, wine, etc.? How easy/hard is it? How succesful have you been? Any suggestions on kits? products? etc.? I found this popular link... http://www.makebeer.net/index.asp?gclid=CLWYsq2K2owCFRI7ZQodVDc4Kg But, would love to hear what you all think! Cheers, Norm
    If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trent is quite an accomplished beer maker. I know he has a thread or two out in the main forums. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks, Kirsten! I will do a search for them. I have to tell you...and, I am sure I am not alone when I say this...but, I really appreciate your thoughts, and input, and fun on this site. Between you and Jeff and Jake (where did he go?), and many others...I really enjoy this site! Maybe we should do an RA cruise or something where we can all meet? Or, who knows...that would spoil the fun? But, anyway, thanks! You rock! PS. One of the things that will stay on my to do list until accomplished is to buy you, Jeff, etc a drink. Keep that in mind if you ever get near Greenville, NC. :-)
        If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Kirsten! I will do a search for them. I have to tell you...and, I am sure I am not alone when I say this...but, I really appreciate your thoughts, and input, and fun on this site. Between you and Jeff and Jake (where did he go?), and many others...I really enjoy this site! Maybe we should do an RA cruise or something where we can all meet? Or, who knows...that would spoil the fun? But, anyway, thanks! You rock! PS. One of the things that will stay on my to do list until accomplished is to buy you, Jeff, etc a drink. Keep that in mind if you ever get near Greenville, NC. :-)
          I love this place, too...Eric has really created something special and it attracts a really great crowd! And the cruise idea would be hella cool! Though I still think something surrounding a race would be great, too, though a cruise would be more mingle-friendly. Hmmm...maybe a cruise in NZ?! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Home brews, homemade wine....never again, too many bad batches vs good batches!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Home brews, homemade wine....never again, too many bad batches vs good batches!
              I've often wondered about that...if I would spend more trying to get a good batch than I would by just stopping and purchasing someone else's handiwork. Though just learning the process would be kinda cool. k

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

I've often wondered about that...if I would spend more trying to get a good batch than I would by just stopping and purchasing someone else's handiwork. Though just learning the process would be kinda cool.
                Do it once, see if it's for you. There's just so many good wines that we enjoy buying and cycling through for different occasions. Even the good batches of wine we made we got tired of after a while. Same goes for the beer. D

The voice of mile 18

there is a home brew shop near my home and I've been tempted to try homebrew beer but I can barely make toast I'd be concerned about what I'd do to a beer

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Scout7

This is one of my goals with the new house. I want to start doing home brewing, and figure it would go nicely with the bar I'm going to build in the basement. Even working on getting some cocktail waitresses lined up......
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do it once, see if it's for you. There's just so many good wines that we enjoy buying and cycling through for different occasions. Even the good batches of wine we made we got tired of after a while. Same goes for the beer. D
                      That's kind of what I'm thinking...even my most favorite beer gets old after a while, which is nice with seasonal brews...kind of makes them self-limiting. Scout, you should really have an RA gathering at the new place! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

I might do that, once everything is in place.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I might do that, once everything is in place.
                          Hmmm...I should start watching for cheap airfare. How cool would that be even to get a dozen of us together?! Oh, and I still love Norm's cruise idea. I've always thought a cruise-ship track would be fun to do a mile or two on--people watching while I work out! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Hmmm...I should start watching for cheap airfare. How cool would that be even to get a dozen of us together?! Oh, and I still love Norm's cruise idea. I've always thought a cruise-ship track would be fun to do a mile or two on--people watching while I work out! k
                            The cruise idea sounds great! I've never been on a cruise. (Oh, but then Titantic thoughts come to mind- the whole sinking ship thing...) Party at Scout's house would be fun too...is the house big enough for all of us? Big grin

Michelle

Scout7

There's a yard, so there ya go.

The voice of mile 18

don't forget the stripper pole Big grin

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy