Drinkers with a Running Problem

What happens when two 36 y/o men get drunk... (Read 358 times)

My husband and his best friend went out tonight, it's been a year since they did that. Well, I got the FIRST phone call at 10:45 - clearly, they were both not sober....this is how my night went: Phone rings, I answer: Me: Hello Don: Is Michelle there? Me: Yes, speaking. How are you? Don: Do you know who this is? (keep in mind the bar is very loud at this point so he's almost yelling) Me: Yes, of course. Are you guys calling from the police station *laugh*? Don: *laughs* No, not yet. Me: Well I told Scott (my husband) I'd come and bail you both out if needed. *laugh* Don: So, what are you wearing right now? Me: What? Scott in the background: HANG UP MICHELLE!! Don: So, what are you wearing, we just called Tara (his wife) and she played along and told us, so what are you wearing? Me: Okay, a tank top and shorts... Don: Ohhhhh, nice...and a G-string? Me: Ummm, no. Don: Oh, it must be a G-string. Scott in the background: Oh, hang up!! Don't talk to him Michelle! Me: Don...Have fun! *click* Twenty minutes later.... Phone rings, I answer. Me: Hello Don: So, this g-string, is it sexy? Scott in the background: You called her again? Michelle hang up!!! Me: Alright Don, what are you wearing? Don: Hey Scott, she wants to know what I'm wearing. Scott in the background: You're not helping Michelle, hang up!! Don: I'm naked. Me: At the bar? Don: Do you like that? Me: I'm hanging up now, have fun. Ten minutes later.... Phone rings Stupidly I answer. Me: Are you at the police station yet? Don: I like you. Me: Well, I like you too. Where's Scott. Scott in the background: Don I'm taking your phone away from you! Don: How come Scott doesn't hang out with me much anymore? Me: I don't know, I keep telling him to call you up and go out. Don: I like you, you're cool. And sexy. Scott in the background: Hang up Michelle! Me: Bye Don. *click* Five minutes later... Phone rings, I don't answer, the machine picks up: RECORDING: MICHELLE....where are you? Scott won't have another beer! He wants a soda, pick up the phone, tell Scott he has to have a beer. Twenty minutes later (give or take a few minutes) Phone rings... Me: What now? Don: Tell Scott to have another beer, the pu**y wants to have a SODA...and he knows we're walking home. Tell him to have another beer, here he is. Scott: What? Me: You should have one more beer and THEN the soda. Scott: Oh, so you want me to walk out of the bar with a beer in my hand? Me: No, drink it there. Scott: Fine. *click* Ten minutes later... Phone rings, I don't answer, machine picks up... Don: I'm just calling to confirm that you want Scott to have another beer, and that you are SSSSSEEEEXXXXYYYY!!! *click* JUST NOW....(I'm not joking) Phone rings... Me: Hello Don: Michelle, you know I love Scott, and I love you too, you guys are the best. Scott in the background: Sorry Michelle! Hang up. Don: Oh, crap, I almost walked into a wall. Scott in the background: He did!! Me: So you guys are walking back to your house now? Don: Yes, were here now. SO, are you still wearing that g-string? Scott in the background: Stop getting horned up on my wife, you better go wake up your wife and get some because now I'm a little nervous sleeping here tonight!! Don: She's snoring, she won't wake up. Me: Good night Don, have fun, I'm going to bed. *click* The next time I get to go out with my friends we are definitely calling Don and putting him through something just like this!!! Roll eyes

Michelle

Last year when they went out, they went to the local bar near our house and walked back here, so I got to see them drunk and full of beer tears. Funniest thing I've seen, two grown men hugging and telling each other how they were best friends.

Michelle

OMG OMG that is too freaken funny! I sure hope you pay Don back 10 times as much lol. Now ya know he has a secret crush on ya!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don sounds adorable! What a couple of goofs! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

For the record, Don threw up about twenty minutes after the last phone call!

Michelle

For the record, Don threw up about twenty minutes after the last phone call!
              poor poor Don Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

And how is Don feeling today? Big grin
                2009: BQ?
                  OH. And he DID NOT call his wife, she did not play along like he said. He was just trying to make me believe that so I'd play along. Roll eyes

Michelle

And how is Don feeling today? Big grin
                    He hasn't called back since 1:30 on Friday night! I'm guessing he's a little shy now.

Michelle

Don sounds adorable! What a couple of goofs! Big grin k
                      Adorable is not quite the fitting word for this man. Funny in a very crude way, yes...but not adorable. Tongue They are goofy when they get together, I wish they'd hang out more, Scott needs to get out from time to time.

Michelle

Scout7

I have never done anything even remotely like this. For the record.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Since did's closest buddies all live out-of-state (his best man lived in either Spain or Germany at the time) he had his bachelor party the night before our wedding. So at 1:30 AM he calls me from his friends' hotel room to say hi and let me know that he wouldn't be home until much later in the AM. He was all squeaky and whiney and feeling terribly guilty. I was just mad that he woke me up after I had FINALLY fallen asleep! He was in pretty rough shape the morning of our wedding...mostly from lack of sleep. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

boys will be boys. poor don he played way too hard. hope you kept the messages for future blackmail

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Go Pre!

Does Don run? If so, welcome him to this club! So, I actually had a pretty sane weekend (really trying to shape up for next marathon ; ) , but, I spent the weekend with a bunch of my siblings at our cottage, my sister (who doesn't run so can't join our club : ) can drink a ton...UNLESS it includes white wine, in which case she is off the charts! By the end of Saturday night we saw her sneaking swigs right out of a vodka bottle and then head straight for bed. 10 minutes later we heard her in bed talking to herself (or she thought her husband was there too.) It was hilarious hearing her mumble incoherently and angrily! So my bro-in-law says, no way he's sleeping with her in that state and heads out to our small cabin next to the cottage. He told us he was freaked out because he heard raccoons in the garbage and was unsure if they were actually raccoons or bears. He finally drifted off to sleep wondering if the raccoons / bears could get into the cabin.... My sister awoke in the night and assumed at his absence he headed to the cabin and decided to go out there and join him. He awoke to her pushing him over to make room for her and he freaked out thinking one of the bears got in and started swatting at her until she freaked out and then he realized she was not a bear! Never a dull weekend a t the cottage I tell you Smile
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Crazy Canadians...Dave, your family sounds like a ton of fun! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay