Drinkers with a Running Problem

Sun King (Read 164 times)

Feeling the growl again

Just checked and I have one of those and a port wee Mac to get to. All of the other Kings Reserve stuff has been good so I am not in a hurry.

Are you going to complain to SK?  You should for what you paid.

I plan to do it next time I am in there in person.  Will tell them how great the one was I had fresh but that 3 soured.  Will see what they do.  Also tell them how I stand in line each time they release these damn things.  A good company will make it right.

I still have the port wee mac myself, going to hold out longer...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Got my response -

Hello Trent.

Thank you for being patient as we worked out the details on Whip Fight.

We have been working diligently on our next Sun King King’s Reserve Series beer, Afternoon Delight, and we are hoping to release it some time late April pending our new QA/QC approval based on your helpful feedback.

Here’s some more information on Afternoon Delight:

Afternoon Delight is a bourbon barrel aged Dopplebock with aromas of brown sugar and molasses accentuated with the sweet flavors of vanilla and wood from the bourbon barrels.  ABV: 8.0%   IBU: 23

Gold Medal Winner: Wood and Barrel-Aged Strong Beer, 2013 Great America Beer Festival™ Gold Medal Winner: Barrel Aged Classic Style, 2012 and 2013 editions of the Festival of Barrel Aged Beer

As stated in previous communication, Sun King is happy to replace your previous purchase of Whip Fight with a gift valuing at $30 to be used towards the purchase of Afternoon Delight once it has been released.  We will also be sending you an additional $10 gift card as mentioned.  

Please provide me with your full name and mailing address.  I will send the gift cards to the desired address.

If you would prefer to pick up your gift cards at the brewery, I can make those arrangements for you.

Again, we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.  It is our goal to craft beers of the highest quality and taste. 

Spaniel, looks like you will have a gift card coming to you. ISO Afternoon Delight.

Prince of Fatness

Afternoon Delight.

I would drink that.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Got my response -

Spaniel, looks like you will have a gift card coming to you. ISO Afternoon Delight.

Stand-up of them.

Looks like you have some Afternoon Delight reserved from me then.  Make sure I don't miss the release date.

You too Finn.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Spaniel, you may want to reach out and get another credit Smile

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel, you may want to reach out and get another credit Smile

I thought of that, I was going to o it live.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feeling the growl again

Already blocked off on my calendar.

MTA:  I notice they've set a new record price for a release....and doubled the personal limit...I'm still only getting 2 packs.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Damn.

One of them is yours, don't worry.

Feeling the growl again

Procured.

There has been a clear inflection in the attendance at these releases.  Either the increase in price (used to be $17.50), or the fact that people have realized there are leftovers after the noon rush (or both) has resulted in a much more relaxed experience than before.  Rather than the entire tasting room being a snaking line of people, I walked in at 11:55 and was one of only a couple dozen and was one of the first 10 to buy.

And I forgot the dang certificates/coupons when I left this morning, so I will have to use those on the NEXT release.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Indiana's governor just signed a bill tripling the amount of beer Indiana microbreweries can distribute within the state from 30K to 90K barrels.

More Sun King!  More Three Floyds!

Prince of Fatness

Just opened a port wee mac and it was infected. Got a couple of more from this series in the basement. They are going to the front of the line. No more trying to age these for me.

Not at it at all.