Flying Pig 2010

2-14-10 Run on the Course (Read 155 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

So I am going to run on the course on Sunday morning if anyone is interested.  Starting time of 8:00 but I can be a little earlier if needed. 

Thinking about parking at Staples and running 16 miles.  The beauty of parking at staples is that we will be able to run together for a long time because we will come back past the vehicles around mile 7 so if you just want to run 13 then you could turn around at mile 10 and I would turn around a mile and half later.  Still getting 10 miles of the run in together.  I'm thinking between 8 - 8:30 pace.

Anyone interested?  Only11 weeks until the PIG, take out the taper of at least 2 weeks and you only have 9 weeks of training.  If you are only training 4 days a week that is only 36 more decent training runs and 9 more long runs. 

2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Savoir c'est pouvoir

Thanks for the invite but I'll be doing the Frosty 14 (mile) Trail Race at 10AM that morning up at Caesar's Creek. This will be my 3rd time doing this event. It is put on by ORRRC and is only a $9 fee for non-members. Should be a blast!
      RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Thanks for the invite but I'll be doing the Frosty 14 (mile) Trail Race at 10AM that morning up at Caesar's Creek. This will be my 3rd time doing this event. It is put on by ORRRC and is only a $9 fee for non-members. Should be a blast!

You do know we are getting snow tomorrow and wed right?  It is all fun and games until you get lost in the woods and end up running 26 miles instead of 14.  Sounds like fun.  I would just end up breaking an ankle.  Some day I hope to do some trail running.  I'm not ready for off roading yet. 

Are you doing Xenia again?  I think I am going to do the half.  Debating on if I want to do the Half up at LCFB.  I know John is already signed up.  I'm waiting to see the weather report.

2011 Goals:

Savoir c'est pouvoir

You do know we are getting snow tomorrow and wed right?  It is all fun and games until you get lost in the woods and end up running 26 miles instead of 14.  Sounds like fun.  I would just end up breaking an ankle.  Some day I hope to do some trail running.  I'm not ready for off roading yet. 

Are you doing Xenia again?  I think I am going to do the half.  Debating on if I want to do the Half up at LCFB.  I know John is already signed up.  I'm waiting to see the weather report.

Hah! I'd much prefer snow and frozen ground to mud. 

Not doing Xenia this year. I'm going head-to-head against John in the Lexington Half on March 28. The way he's been

running lately, I'll be lucky to keep him in sight. When is LCFB?

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

The end of the Feb.  Getting tired of all of the snow these days.  The great news is that the wind has been somewhat mellow until tomorrow.  The temps haven't been too bad either.  It is just the footing.  I think tomorrow might turn out to be a dreaded treadmill run because of the wind.
              2011 Goals: