Flying Pig 2010

Don't let another chance pass you by! (Read 264 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I am running the following route on Sunday at 8 AM.  The pace will be 8:00 - 8:30.  You can run part of the course with me or all of it.  Up to you of course.  Please let me know if you are interested.   Lots of places to cut it short if you don't want to run the whole thing with me. 

21.1 Miles - Staples - mariemont - Columbia - Riverside - Staples (No bridges).

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/us/oh/cincinnati/475126538171860554

2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    Jill_B

I fly.

Sounds great, but I'm too far away!

Bring it on.

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Well maybe you could just run at the same time for the same distance and it will feel like you are there. 

What time are you hoping to run the PIG in?  Looks like you are getting some good miles in recently.

2011 Goals:
        Jill_B

I fly.

I have no goal.  I want to break 4 hours, but I'm taking next week off (skiing) and I never do speedwork... so we'll see.  If I can get in 2 more 20 milers and a 22 miler I'll feel more confident about this whole thing.

What's your goal?

Bring it on.

ok, I'm in for this.  Its going to be a little longer than what I had planned so I'm going to scale back my Saturday run.  but the weather looks good and I really want to run Gilber/eden park hills a few times before the race.

nothing to see here.  

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Awesome Joe.  Glad to hear this.  So Staples at say 7AM? 

Acutally I was planning on running the course below.  I picked the wrong course from my list.  Madison road is a mess and I want to stay away from Columbia Parkway.  I think next week I might skip the bridges and just try to get a loop in that hits Mariemont. 

Anyway, this is the route I am planning to run Sunday.  You could just skip the part going by Kroger and just keep straight on Erie and head down Delta.  That would save you a mile of the course or you can keep heading east on Granding down to Golden Ave and then to Delta but I have never tried that.  It will save you about 3 - 4 miles.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/us/oh/cincinnati/195126660805344223

Looking forward to running with you on Sunday!

FYI - This route includes the bridges as well.  This is not an easy run but you can always turn back around and head back at any point that you want.  However, if you can run it then I feel confident the PIG will not pose you any problems.  It includes a lot of the PIG hills along with a few extra ones. 

2011 Goals:

7 am sounds good to me.  I think I'll just scale back my 8 marathon pace miles on saturday to just 4 easy miles.  That should leave me fresh enough for 21 on sunday.  besides that will get me three 20 milers in. Monday is a planned off day for me anyway. 

nothing to see here.  

The better question is what do you do for hydration on this run?  do you wear a water bottle belt?

nothing to see here.  

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Awesome, Well currently we are supposed to have a high of 50 with a low of 42 .  That is a heat wave.  Might have rain though.  .    Just as an FYI I will be there rain or sun.  I kind of like running in the rain.  Since I tend to run on the streets though the cars scare me a little more in the rain.

Anyway, I always carry a water bottle on a run longer then 13 miles.  I will also have plain gu to take along the way.  Another must over 13.  If you have a water belt I would recommend bringing it. 

You know where the staples is on route 42 (Reading Road) right?  If not this should help. 

Driving Directions to Staples

2011 Goals:

Thanks for the map.  I'll be able to find it.  I'll plan on rain or shine too.

I have a water bottle belt that I used to wear, but I might go buy a slimmer one.  I don't like to carry one in my hand because I drink it all too fast. 

nothing to see here.  

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Well then just put one in both hands!  That will also help balance you out. 

I have this belt as well.  If you are thinking about getting one like this you can try mine out on Sunday.  I will not be wearing it and can fill it up with water if you want to try it.  The bottle will be clean but can't gaurantee the belt will be.  I think Dicks sporting goods sells them or you can check out fleet feet or mojo running.  Fleet feet sells the amphipod ones.  I just don't like the form of those. 

2011 Goals:

Had a great run yesterday. My legs are feeling good today.  I did have to ice down my left knee and my right ankle last night for a short period.  And my blister on my right foot didn't break open but it got bigger.  I used yesterday + my off day today to address it, so it should be good to go tomorrow. 

Thanks for the motivation!

nothing to see here.