Flying Pig 2010

So how is everybody feeling? (Read 173 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I've been hit with a few different issues but all things considering not doing to bad. I think the best news is that I like my speed and my legs are not dragging. Did my first 13 of the year and survived. How is everybody else holding up?
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      Feeling real strong. Working through the Pete Pfitzinger intermediate marathon program from his book "Road Racing for Serious Runners". I will be doing a 17 miler this week. Ran 16 this past Sunday with a head cold-needless to say not a good run. Other than that, no joint pain, no foot pain, no real physical problems at all. Just hope everything stays this way through my peak mileage weeks.
        Been a rough two weeks for me, first cold then some muscle pain in shin. Both are gone now and I had a great run this morning. Back in the sadle.
          Feeling great. Got 2 great runs in this weekend. Today was a challenge with the wind. But it was good once I got going. So far, my best marathon training by far. Hope to blow away my PR after a very poor 2007 racing wise.

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, better. I ran outdoors for the first time in a month. The time off hasn't helped the foot at all, I've lost a lot of conditioning but it's good to be out and running again. Now I will start working up to the Pig, hopefully I can tolerate this foot and get my mileage up in a reasonable time. Still, it doesn't look too good for me to beat last year's time.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

imsoslow

Not doing too bad although the weather is making it difficult to get out and do the mileage. it's supposed to warm up to 26 F by tomorrow (wow, you know it's bad when 26 seems warm) and the wind should die down. Worst thing is that I've got a respiratory virus and have been out of commission for 3 days. I'm hoping that it clears up soon. In the past I would have tried to get out and push through, but I've learned the hard way that strategy doesn't work for me. Hope everyone's training is going ok. Anne