Flying Pig 2010

Flying Pig Half (Read 172 times)

pokey52

Hello All, This will be our first time running this event. What i'm curious about is whats the deal with "the hill". We live in Southeastern Ma. and our local area is far from flat, but nothing that we would consider a "HILL". Any hints ,tips from previous runners.
      I did a lot of training last year on this part of the course and it was not as bad as I expected. Really I would have run it five times vs. the long flat straight aways of Columbia Parkway and Eastern at the end of the marathon. Some things to keep in mind, first the "hill" really starts about mile 3 when you cross the Clay Way Bailey bridge back into Ohio from Kentucky. You then have a series steps up until you enter Eden park, where you hit a couple of steep sections, just keep your effort, not your pace, consistent through here. Also, note the hills does not end at the overlook, there is another moderate climb up Victory parkway until you hit McMilliam. From there.....its all "net" down. Enjoy the view and the run... Good luck.
      pokey52

Thanks ! I'll let you know how we make out in a few short weeks.