Flying Pig 2010

1st week of 16 (Read 224 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

So it is the first week of training if you are doing a 16 week schedule. Anyone care to share his/her training plan? I need to find some place that will host an excel spreadsheet to post mine. Any ideas? Okay I took care of that. Thanks google docs. Just click on the link called running schedule under my 2009 Goals if you care to see someone elses schedule.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      Hey BearcatRunner, First of all, good luck with the training. The plan looks good. I'm not letting my ambition get the better of me this year. I'm planning on running the Half at the pig this year. And if all goes well I'll give the full a go next year. I'm looking forward to seeing how many RA folks are in the area to run the pig.

nothing to see here.  

Hey BC. Im going back to the full this year. Training has gone real well so far. Key to me is making it past the first couple months. Last month I got sick in Feb, and that derailed me. On an 18 week plan so Im a couple weeks into mine. Its modified from the Hal Higdon Intermediate 1 plan. Ive been trying for more mid-week miles.
        RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Hey Joe: It is always smart to know yourself and your own limits. Better to do the Half in the Spring with the cold temperatures and then the full in the fall when you have better running conditions. Cold or Heat both problems but at least in the summer you don't have to deal with snow or ice. How is the body feeling so far?
            2011 Goals:
          RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Hey Murph What does your plan look like? Anyway to take a quick peak at it. I always like to see what other people plan to run. Everyone is so different I think you have to perfect your own plan. So far my plan has worked great <knock>. I'm really happy with it so far. I just hate that I feel so good so early. 16 weeks is soo long. One slip on ice and boom everything changes.</knock>
              2011 Goals:
              I'm using the Grandma's Marathon 18 week intermediate plan http://www.grandmasmarathon.com/training/marathon.php I like it because of the challenge of training 6 days a week. So far I have been able to stick with the program. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pNwHaBVBG1VCWbtjjXC4fIQ&hl=en I started the program 20 weeks before the marathon, to offset work or injury conflicts . If I can stay on track I'll just add supplementary runs.
              RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Hey John great looking plan. I was looking at your format and might change mine a little. I like how you have it organized. That looks like a lot of miles. The more you get the better prepared you will be I just don't think my body could handle all of those miles. If I go through my current plan injury free then I might revamp it for my Spring marathon to have more miles. Is your training going well? Looks like you are doing a decent job of staying up with your training schedule.
                  2011 Goals:
                  Thanks BR, The whole challenge of completing a marathon in a year has been an awesome experience and fortunately (so far) injury free. I figure if I can do an 18 week intermediate plan (with lots of miles) in 20 weeks, I'll be ready. So far, its been 7 weeks and I'm hanging in there!!! Last month was my first 100 mile month and this month will be closer to 175!!! As I add more and more miles I tried to slow down and that really seems to help.
                  RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Just be carefull with adding in so many more miles. That is a huge jump from one month to another month. I think it is almost impossible to have a training period and not have some sort of running issue though. You just want to keep them minor.
                      2011 Goals:
                      You speak words that are both timely and wise as the miles are really starting to catch up with me. Lately I've been having problems getting loosened up, where the lateral muscles next to my calfs burn like fire until I can get in 4 or 5 miles then all is well. My times are dropping like a stone as I am forced to walk early and often to cope with the discomfort. Fortunately, I do believe this is a minor problem, though I watch it closely and look forward to my next day off.