Flying Pig 2010

Added Flying Pig Course Map to the Maps Section (Read 232 times)

In case anyone is interested I added the FP course to the maps section. This reflects the 2006 course but I assume it is going to be the same this year. Can't wait to see the new medal though for the 10 year anniversary!
    Tenacious

Moving right along....

Actually, I heard today at the first group training run that the course has changed slightly---to include Over The Rhine!!!! OMG I can't imagine!!! that will be too interesting. Confused
      By failing to prepare, you are prepairing to fail. Benjamin Franklin
      RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Well I guess I won't be training on that part of the course then unless my running spot group decides to do a training run through there. I would love for them to find a different end to that course though. Going on the highway and then on Eastern is just brutal at the end of the race. Has to be a better way.
          2011 Goals:
          Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
          Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
          I agree about avoiding the highway. I was running quite well up to that point last year..well, maybe that last 'little' hill hurt me too. But the highway was the worst part.
          Tenacious

Moving right along....

Well I guess I won't be training on that part of the course then unless my running spot group decides to do a training run through there. I would love for them to find a different end to that course though. Going on the highway and then on Eastern is just brutal at the end of the race. Has to be a better way.
            Eastern is pretty flat, so is it just that it's at the end, or do they take us somewhere hilly on Eastern that I'm not aware of?? I think the Running Spot has changed their training course......I'm with Meters and Miles this time and I know they changed theirs. I guess we'll see, we might all be packing for those neighborhood runs...LOL
            By failing to prepare, you are prepairing to fail. Benjamin Franklin
              No not really any hills on Eastern till the very end. It is just so flat, and the fact that crowd support is less from about mile 22 on, makes it a tough time. Its nice, just not at the same level as earlier on.