Flying Pig 2010

Anyone doing the Flying Pig 2009? (Read 242 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Since I just updated this forum from 2008 to 2009 I wanted to see if anyone was still checking it and if anyone else was planning on running it this year. I plan to smash last years time.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    Hannibal Granite

Not yet commited to run the Pig b/c I'm currently a little hurt, but if I can get it back together I'm there

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

What sort of injury do you have? You look very fast from your log. Even injured I think you could pace me to my need BQ at the PIG.
          2011 Goals:
        Hannibal Granite

I've got a reoccurance of runner's knee (patella femoral pain syndrom). I've had this on and off a few times before, but this time it was caused from wearing a pad in one shoe to reduce some tendonitis. The good news is that I think the tendonitis in my foot is gone or almost gone although I haven't been running enough the last few weeks to be able to tell Smile

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Injuries just suck. That is one of my new goals - Not to get injured. We shall see how that works out.
              2011 Goals:
              Count me in. Coming down from the North this year!
                I'm in! Got registration confirmation yesterday. $60 is a bargain! First marathon for me. am a bit concerned about "THE HILL"
                RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

John: Most people worry about the Eden Park hill but it is not the only hill to worry about. The bridges have hills to start and then after Eden Park you still get some other hills. Once you get to the half marathon mark you are pretty much done with the hills. If you train on hills you should be fine. I don't worry too much about the hills it is miles 20 - 24 that are the toughest because you have great crowd support up until then and you then go into a boring stretch in the sun. I hate this part but love the course. It is the worst possible place to have a boring stretch because that is when people are starting to boink. The good news is that for every hill you go up somewhere along the liine you have to come back down. We pretty much start and finish in the same place.
                    2011 Goals:
                    Thanks, I do some hill resistance training but probably need to add more hills to my long and short runs. Do you know if the route on the flying pig website is the same course for this year? It says 2008...
                    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

No not sure at all since they changed it a little from 2007 to 2008 but the changes were great because they added to an already great crowd support to make it even better. I actually hope they do change it a bit to add in the bike trail that we got detoured onto last year because of a house fire. It got us into the shade, was to a nicer looking run and was not eastern avenue which stinks.
                        2011 Goals: