Flying Pig 2010

This forum is SOOOOOOOOOOO quiet! (Read 321 times)

I once did 8 miles on the indoor track at Countryside Y in Lebanon. As bad as that was, I would do that over treadmill running any day. Im going to do the Pig 1/2 instead of the Full. Training was going great until I got sick right after Valentines Day. Theres no way Id be able to give my best effort at the ful distance. So I am going to do the 1/2 Pig and the full Air Force Marathon. Looking forward to the Heart Mini 15k. Ran a very good 10k today in West Chester (53:12--had a goal of under 1 hour).
    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Hey Derek. Nice job on the race. It is always good to do better then your goal. Have you run the full Air Force Marathon before? Why not Columbus?
        2011 Goals:
        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
        I ran both the Full Air Force and Columbus (and The Pig, and Vegas) last year. I also ran Columbus and Vegas the year prior. Last year, I ran too many and I undertrained. I am locked into doing Vegas (1st weekend of December) this year, so I want a bigger gap between the marathons so I can put a good effort into both of them. The Air Force marathon last year should have been my best marathon so far, was really strong and then cramps took over-wasnt fatigued..but couldnt get into stride the last 4 miles. So Im determined to nail it this year.

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, it's not gonna happen this year. Out Cry

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Tenacious

Moving right along....

Well, it's not gonna happen this year. Out Cry
            Was it the foot that got you? I'm sorry to hear you won't be doing the Pig, but maybe next year? Hope it gets better!
            By failing to prepare, you are prepairing to fail. Benjamin Franklin