Frequent Racer Group

weeklies: 2017 week 46 (Read 11 times)

ViBe71

Good morning runners, welcome to week #46!

Frequent Racer Group

PRs: 400m- 1:04.94 (2015) / 1M - 5:13 (2022 & 2023) / 5K -18:23 (2017) / 5M - 31:14 (2022) / 10K - 39:29 (2018) / 10M -1:05:11 (2023) / HM - 1:27:34 (2023) / FM -3:15:08 (2023)

Coming up:   Broad Street 10M (5/5/24), YMCA 5k (5/11/24), Doylestown 5k (5/25/24), Yardley Memorial Mile (5/27/24)

Thanks for starting our week off Vibe

Still on Cloud 9 from Saturdays race. 

I really thought I was going to be more beat up than I am. I felt fine yesterday and now today just some mild soreness in my hip flexors and quads. It felt great to get out for a short run though. It was 40F with a steady rain...I feel like I can't get warm now. 4mi 9:30avg pace

Form- My running form sucks. Was looking at some pics from the race and video my Mom took. I don't drive my knees enough, I reach out in front of me, don't kick my butt enough....yeah its terrible. This was also at the end of the race so I know my stride was breaking down a bit. Would some form drills help me? High knees, butt kicks? I've been trying to lead with my junk but I think I need more help. Whatcha think?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners, and thanks for the start Vibe.

Thinking 8/5 today with a hilly trail run and easy hood run. Smile

Jay: Maybe. Smile It's really hard to get photo perfect form. Some people got it without work, and others never get it with work. A lot has to do with flexibility to get into the right position. Plenty of fast pros even WR holders have/had crappy form.  A lot of them have worked on it through high school and college. It's just how much you want to do + running? That is what it boils down to.

ViBe71

Nice job Jay! Yeah, it was miserable outside this morning... Your form was perfectly fine at the beginning of the race when I could still see you . Once the fatigue sets in all bets are off, I know for sure I could not drive knees up enough in the last mile but I was still moving...

OFR  -  enjoy your double!

The legs are slowly coming back. Did 3.5M easy in the rain at 9:44 pace, it was 37F so I was glad when it was over.

Frequent Racer Group

PRs: 400m- 1:04.94 (2015) / 1M - 5:13 (2022 & 2023) / 5K -18:23 (2017) / 5M - 31:14 (2022) / 10K - 39:29 (2018) / 10M -1:05:11 (2023) / HM - 1:27:34 (2023) / FM -3:15:08 (2023)

Coming up:   Broad Street 10M (5/5/24), YMCA 5k (5/11/24), Doylestown 5k (5/25/24), Yardley Memorial Mile (5/27/24)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles and weights.  My Achilles is sore today, for some reason. I blame the cats.

JayBenham, you should be on cloud 9!  Nice 4.

OFR, enjoy the doubles.

ViBe, nice run.

Damaris

Pints85

Another week already...

Last night I kicked the ball for 30 minutes, easy, in the morning.

35 minutes on the elliptical at night, also easy.

Today I may do steps or take an easy recovery run.

I want to build up for my 5k on December 9th.  It should be kind of big?  It also has a popular half marathon.  I signed up for because it's in my town and will put me out of my comfort zone.  Lots of people, parking will be weird, things like that.  I have no clue how they do a half marathon with 2,000 runners and a 5k.

oldfartrunner

Got the hilly trail run in. Smile 8.11 @ 9:47, 1,060' gain. Lot of loose material on this trail. Sad

Damaris: What shoes you wear on the TM for the 18? Don't say Altras.

Pints: Sounds like a big race!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL, that would be what I used before the knee surgery.  I actually used the Mizuno Hitogamis, which is why I have a bit of a sore Achilles.  But I have run marathons post surgery with them so I know they are good. Last time I ran 15 in my Altras post surgery, my calves quit on me for 3 days.

Damaris

Vibe-It sure was crappy out there this am. Nice job on getting the run done!

Damaris- That's like a real deal flat right? I've seen the she before online but know nothing about it.

Pints- Race sounds big. What are planning training wise to prep for it?

OFR- Hills, Trail runs, Doubles...you trying to tell us something? Nice job on the run!

I won't sweat the issues with my form.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

ViBe71

Pints - I'm sure you'll have enough competition during the December race, might help you to get another PR!

OFR - wow, that was a really hilly run, nice job! I guess Jay is right on - something big is coming

Damaris - hope you had good 5 miles despite sore Achilles!

Frequent Racer Group

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was a cool 85F and 72 dewpoint so I headed outside.  It felt good to be outside for once.  Achilles feels less tight.  Lifted too.

Jay, the Hitogamis?  I have run marathons in them but yeah. I feel they are kind of like the Sayonaras and the Elixirs (like what they were) but lighter.  So, some cushion but flat.  Not as flat as the Universes.  Those felt like a SFx just by looking at them, lol.

ViBe, thanks, I did!

Damaris

oldfartrunner

Damaris: You don't have troubles with the Elixirs, right? I think they are/were around 12mm drop, Hitogamis are 9mm-according to RW. If you put a 3mm heel insert under the stock insole (just cut one out from an old insole from the forefoot-arch) I bet you wouldn't have problems with the AT in them. I do that with my shoes to bring them fro7-8mm to 10mm. 3mm ain't much but it's enough I notice. Calves get tight, then pulls on the AT. Smile

Jay: Yeah, if it aint broke and you are running well, no need to really worry. I'd put more stock into injury prevention/core and keeping hips flexible. I just check in with my form during running. You can just remind yourself on the run to run with good posture and relaxed. Smile

You and Vibe are funny. Probably looking for a new injury most likely. Lol!  Just trying to do what I can do to up the age grade a tad and maybe get rid of this nagging hammy.  I hope you guys never get one of these, they really suck!

Oh, got the 5 in. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris: You don't have troubles with the Elixirs, right? I think they are/were around 12mm drop, Hitogamis are 9mm-according to RW. If you put a 3mm heel insert under the stock insole (just cut one out from an old insole from the forefoot-arch) I bet you wouldn't have problems with the AT in them. I do that with my shoes to bring them fro7-8mm to 10mm. 3mm ain't much but it's enough I notice. Calves get tight, then pulls on the AT. Smile

Jay: Yeah, if it aint broke and you are running well, no need to really worry. I'd put more stock into injury prevention/core and keeping hips flexible. I just check in with my form during running. You can just remind yourself on the run to run with good posture and relaxed. Smile

You and Vibe are funny. Probably looking for a new injury most likely. Lol!  Just trying to do what I can do to up the age grade a tad and maybe get rid of this nagging hammy.  I hope you guys never get one of these, they really suck!

Oh, got the 5 in. Smile

Not sure I want to do that, since most of my shoes are 4mm and 0 drop (Hokas and Altras) and I run in the Hokas most of the week for all other runs.  I don't think it's the drop but the Hitogami 3s were a bit weird in the fit as compared to the 4s (which are the ones I use for marathons) and I just remembered the ones I used yesterday were the 3s.  For some reason, those always leave my achilles tired.

You might be right it's a calves thing.  I have been having calf tightness in the last few months!

Damaris

Good Morning

I guess it was about time my legs felt it lol.  OMG they felt like dead weight this morning. 4mi 9:28avg.

Just checked out the results from last years Freezer 5k. Looks like it might be Vibe and I competing for the win.   Fun stuff! Might get you another PR too knowing im chasing you down.