Frequent Racer Group

weeklies: 2018 week 4 (Read 13 times)

Nice speedwork Vibe!

Damairs- Yes I plan on taping it up before trying to run...or try this brace...doc said I can run with it but I don't know. Thinking maybe I will give it a go this weekend. Definitely not on the TM though. I pretty much blame that thing for this injury. Always feels like I'm not running as light on my feet on the belt.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Then, yes, go outside, but be careful!  Hoping there is no snow or ice around when you do.

Damaris

Then, yes, go outside, but be careful!  Hoping there is no snow or ice around when you do.

OMG  No I certainly won't be trying to run on ice right now

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran my 8 outside @ 10:21 with 2 @ or around 10mm.  Ran them in my Altra Ones so my legs are pretty sore.  It was 76F and 68 dewpoint, or Winter weather.

Damaris

Nice 8'er Damaris

Decided to take a rest day. I am so sore from those 1/2 squats lol...thinking they might be something to continue doing after I get back running for some leg power. Ankle is a bit sore like its been in the am...see how it works itself out as the day progresses. Still hoping to try and run this weekend.

DryHeatAZ

Hi guys.  Still working brutal hours.  Still getting in my running.  When I said I was barely doing my running last time, I meant by doing nothing else but running, work, and some sleep but not enough.  I'm working from home today as my wife is having a tooth extracted.  We hope it's routine but I wanted to be there for her.

PRs: 5k: 20:02 (10-2016), 10k 41:45 (2-2018), HM 1:32:09 (11-2017), M 3:32:00 (2-2017)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.

Jay, squats are evil!

DryHeat, hoping work gets quieter soon.

Damaris

ViBe71

Good afternoon!

Crazy day at work  Sad

Damaris - great job on your 8-miler! Enjoy Pilates + 7M!

DryHeat - it's tough to constantly work long hours and be able to follow your regular running routine, but you are manging to do that, good job!

Jay - enjoy your rest day! Can't wait for you to resume your running!

Me - easy 4.8M this morning at 9:34 pace. It was 24F with 11 mph wind, not too pretty.

Frequent Racer Group

PRs: 400m- 1:04.94 (2015) / 1M - 5:13 (2022 & 2023) / 5K -18:23 (2017) / 5M - 31:14 (2022) / 10K - 39:29 (2018) / 10M -1:05:01 (2024) / HM - 1:27:34 (2023) / FM -3:15:08 (2023)

Coming up:   Doylestown 5k (5/25/24), Yardley Memorial Mile (5/27/24), Break Fast 5K (6/16/24)

Good Morning Everyone!

Dry- Work, Run, Sleep a little...you mean there's more that I should be doing? You just wrinkled my brain man  Hope DW makes out ok at the dentist.

Vibe- Nice 4.8. The weather certainly was cold yesterday morning.

Taped up the ankle last night and figured I'd give it a test run this morning. Made it about a 1/4mi. The pain was not as severe but enough to pull the plug on the run. It's certainly improving but just not there yet at all. Tendinitis sucks. I had really low expectations this morning so I'm not that upset. Have to continue the XT and strength work...back to the gym this weekend. Don't have the motivation to drive over there right now.

I came up with a plan B if I cant get in race shape for the April HM. (I go nuts without some sort of plan)...Use the HM as a fast training run and target a 10mile race in May as my goal race. Just a thought.

DryHeatAZ

Damaris - good work on the 8.  I hope the 7 and pilates went well.

Vibe - nice job getting out in that weather.

I worked remotely yesterday to take my DW for dental surgery and then take care of her after.  Still worked a bunch of hours and called in to meetings. We ran with our LRS running group before her appointment and my coach was there so we ran together.  He kept me honest on my 3 miles tempo that I might have bailed on.  But overall mileage was short.  He was ok with that.  The 3 miles progressed from 7:18 down to 6:48. Was great to catch this run as I never can because of work.

Heading out for 7 easy.  I've been using HR to enforce easy.

I'm signed up for small race tomorrow.  Using the half for marathon race pace practice. Was going to use the full and walk the last part but time won't allow.  I need 15.5 at race pace so will be running through finish and either back out or some where on streets.

Hope you all have a great day.

PRs: 5k: 20:02 (10-2016), 10k 41:45 (2-2018), HM 1:32:09 (11-2017), M 3:32:00 (2-2017)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ended up not running last night (not feeling it).  I have Pilates and the 7 I missed tonight.

ViBe, sorry about the crazy day at work.  Nice run, though!

Jay, sorry about the failed run but glad the pain has gone down at least!

DryHeat, enjoy the 7.

Damaris

ViBe71

Good afternoon!

Jay - probably you'll need another week or maybe two before you can resume running. At least it was not as bad as the last time your tried it!

Don't worry about target races and such, finding a race is not a problem . And I like your plan B - you can pace me at that HM race 

DryHeat - good luck on your HM tomorrow, training run or not it's not an easy one for sure!

Damaris - enjoy your "yesterday" 's 7!

Me - I decided (shocking!) to go to the 4.4M race on Sunday.  Just like past Sunday the only goal would be to beat last year's time (27:48).
                          Today I cut the mileage and ran 3.4M easy at 9:23 pace. The legs are still heavy but it is what it is...

Frequent Racer Group

PRs: 400m- 1:04.94 (2015) / 1M - 5:13 (2022 & 2023) / 5K -18:23 (2017) / 5M - 31:14 (2022) / 10K - 39:29 (2018) / 10M -1:05:01 (2024) / HM - 1:27:34 (2023) / FM -3:15:08 (2023)

Coming up:   Doylestown 5k (5/25/24), Yardley Memorial Mile (5/27/24), Break Fast 5K (6/16/24)

Pints85

hot and humid sounds nice.  temps are dropping again but it is the winter.  supposedly.

ran 4.4 yesterday.  lifted today.

squats should be implemented some how for every runner...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7.25 TM miles done.  Not running the Miami HM this Sunday as I wanted to (even if easyish).  80% chance of thunderstorms and a high of 77F do not sound like fun.

ViBe, good luck Sunday!

Pints, hot and humid are Winter weather around here, lately.  Nice run.

Damaris

Hit the gym early this morning. Decided to jump on the cycle. 10min w/u + 50min on hill setting. It was a great workout for sure. Definitely got my HR up. Also did side leg raises, bridges w theraband, planks, side planks. Not a peep from the ankle so far today  Im getting there