Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

November 30th - 29th Annual 3.5M Andover Country Club Cross Country Race (Read 470 times)

Your Good Times friend Icky "Mr Microphone" LaBrode is co director for the Andover Country Club Cross Country Race the Sunday after Turkey Day. I haven't run this one yet, but it comes highly recommended from the best authorities on the Merrimack Valley scene. My leg seems to be holding up fairly well, so I've sent my application in and I hope to make it to the start. If I can't run, I'll be dropping by to cheer on the GT crew and toast their efforts. Andover, MA Noon, Andover Country Club, Canterbury Street, Off Rt. 133 (Rolling golf course terrain - asphalt, dirt, fairways. Team and individual awards) Application also says free running gloves to first 340 entries received. Contact: David P. LaBrode (Andover Striders), 45 Highland Avenue Unit B, Haverhill, MA, USA, 01830. 1-978-373-3408 ickylabrode@verizon.net

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Pats / Steelers, 4:15pm in Foxboro. Sorry.

upcoming races:

I couldn't get the half-day.
          I couldn't get the half-day.
          Sorry to hear, I'll have a beer for ya.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I would expect nothing less. Clowning around
              Sorry to hear, I'll have a beer for ya.
              When I make a solemn promise like this, I follow through and make it happen. To be thorough, I actually consumed several for you. Mark this one on the calendar for next year, in addition to a nice pair of gloves there was quite a bit of free beer flowing and some halfway decent pasta. At first there was a pretty healthy line for the beer but it did calm down after a while and they just kept slinging it. And it wasn't just Bud Light, it was anything they had on tap. Sam, Amstel Light, Coors Light, Bud and Bud Light. I had to restrain myself and called it quits after five. Quite the deal for $12.00 if you pre-registered. Almost as good as freezing your ass off in Foxboro watching the Pats fumble a game away. Clowning around

E.J.

Note to self, pack a cooler with a spare six pack to tide me over until the line "cools down."
                  Quite the deal for $12.00 if you pre-registered. Almost as good as freezing your ass off in Foxboro watching the Pats fumble a game away. Clowning around
                  I've never been wetter in my life. Never.

upcoming races:

I've never been wetter in my life. Never.
                    That being the case, the least they could do is reward your loyalty with a win. Hope you've pretty much thawed out by now.

E.J.