Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Magic May! (Read 200 times)

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I recorded my first 100 mile month, a 5k PR, 6k PR, 10K PR, Half Marathon PR and my first couple of 30 mile weeks. Not stopping there. I'm hoping to incrase my long run to 20 miles this week. Yahoo! Sky's the limit.
      Nice milestone Dennis, way to go. What's your previous long run, and when was it?

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

My previous long run was 19.12 miles and it was the day after our good times 5k night.
          In that case, 20 miles is less than a 5% increase and shouldn't be a problem if you keep your pace slow enough. It's a pity that Magic May has led to Muggy June, you're going to need to hit the road really early or really late. Keep up the good work, it will pay off in the long run (pun intended). Clowning around

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

You should make your log public.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Sorry Trent, I didnt realize my log was private. Everybody can view it now. It's public.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Or go to the air conditioned gym with a treadmill like I have been doing. I hate getting up early. And if I run at night I might get run over. It gets dark. And who wants to wear a visible vest when its 70-80 out.
                evtish

Dennis, You've run as many races as training runs Shocked so I guess races are you're training runs? Is that for motivation to get out and run? Photobucket

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Not anymore Tom. Not anymore. My races were my training runs to keep me motivated at first ya know. I was lazy about training last year. Ask Jessica Costa. I used to always be mad at myself for not running during the week. If I had paid money, I had no choice but to go out and run on the weekend at least. Not anymore...you can't just show up for a marathon. You have to train for it. You can just kind of show up for a half marathon without a lot of training. I did 33 miles this week already and it's only Wednesday. Now I'm doing less racing and more training. I love that guiness picture. I need a blown up poster of that on my wall. That's my motivation now. More running equals guiness=more buzz for your dollar. It kind of makes up for the fact that running shoes are expensive, eh? First 20 mile run recorded.
                    evtish

Good work, keep it up! Picked up a pair of Nike's for $39.99 at the Tanger outlet in Tilton last Saturday. I bought my previous pair at the North Conway outlet in April for $39.99 too. That's my new limit on what I'll spend for running sneakers, but I'm a minimalist follower anyway. I don't want no stinkin' stabilizer crap on my sneakers. The less crap the better, the lighter the better. Thinking about just strapping on old pieces of tire. Could have gotton some nice yellow/green waffle racers for $29.99, but didn't have my size. Sad That would have been my best deal yet. They had lots of sizes too. Anyone a 15??