Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

New Bedford Half Marathon (Read 558 times)

DekRunner

Great job EJ at the NB Half Marathon (1:26:24).  Congrats on your PR.
    evtish

Nicely done EJ!

I saw that Fil and Jason did great also!

It was a good run, if I can stay within three minutes of Jason I gotta be happy.  And Fil was steady and strong, another excellent run for him.  Doug didn't hit his outrageous PR target, but I'm pretty sure 2:18:23 is a PR for him too (but our friend really needs to clean up his race entries/PR page)

Feeling pretty OK today, tomorrow might be a different story.  A lot of times it's the second day when a hard run really hits me.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

great job everyone

Nice job, EJ. There's a great photo of you on page 11 at scottmasonphoto.com.

http://www.scottmasonphoto.com/RUNNING-2010-1/New-Bedford-Half-Marathon-2010/11593415_MvFg6#817006077_AdirV

Nice job, EJ. There's a great photo of you on page 11 at scottmasonphoto.com.

Mr Mason has a nice camera, it makes old guys look OK and captures great detail on cameltoes and high beams.  Keep up the good work Mr Mason.  

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Write-up for the race. I can copy and paste into runningahead.com if people can't access the blog from work, but it's a long one.

http://jbrunningink.blogspot.com/2010/03/march-21st-2010-race-new-bedford-ma-131.html

evtish

Jason - been reading your blog at home. 

I like how you managed to slam Fil at least 1 time every post

Watch out, he outweighs you and he's going to hipcheck you over the guard rail on your next run.

It's mildly amusing, you have an alright sense of humor for a geek, keep up the good work!

Tom

Fil - sorry about not being more talkative during the start of the Hynes race, I was just trying to conserve oxygen bc I always end up sucking wind a bit, and I wanted to put it off for as long as possible.  You need to see me before or after the races, I can't talk much during them.

Maybe not as entertaining as Jason's blog, but still a good read from the 14th runner across the line.  By all reports, Double J is a really nice guy.

http://doublejrunning.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-bedford-half-marathon.html

E.J.

Socref91

Watch out, he outweighs you and he's going to hipcheck you over the guard rail on your next run.

I would have hipchecked him over the Aiken st bridge but the freaking youngster runs so damn fast to catch these days... maybe i'll bring a cane and hit him over the knees,,,, WHY ME WHY ME....lol

[EJ-card.jpg]

(damn hippies!)

With the hair sticking out, you might mistakenly think I was running fast.  So the hours of painstaking application of mousse paid off, it's just like movie makeup and special effects.  I'm ready for my closeup Mr DeMille.

E.J.