Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Virtual tour of the Good Tiimes 5K course - with special offer (Read 616 times)

This is where it all starts, across the street from Lowell High. At 7:00pm the starter's gun generally fails, and Dave yells go (or uses the siren on the bullhorn). Run up to the next corner and take the right turn toward the Tsongas arena. Bear right, then back to the left and follow the crowd toward the most interesting feature of the course, the hairpin turn. The hairpin has pretty tight turns and the pavement is narrow, if you're running with lots of company you get to rub elbows here. You are now on the Riverwalk, a nice flat cruise until you get to the Aiken Street (red) Bridge. After passing under the bridge and climbing a short incline the water stop will be on your right. The course continues to follow the Riverwalk, passing behind LeLacheur Field (home of the Lowell Spinners). You will pass the one mile mark at the UMass dorms. After passing the one mile mark, you wind your way up and around the dorms, climbing up to the sidwalk approaching the bridge. A right turn at the corner sends you across the bridge spanning the mighty Merrimack. If you are ahead of me at this point, you'll want to pause and reflect on the contribution of this important waterway to the Industrial Revolution. After crossing the bridge, turn right and follow the VFW Highway all the way to the Aiken (red) bridge. Turn right onto the bridge sidewalk and cross the Merrimack once again. On the far side of the bridge you will turn to the right, running down to the water stop which will now be on your left. Continue on the Riverwalk for a straight shot to a flat and fast finish. Grab some water, cool off a bit and join us for the awards ceremony at Hookslide Kelly's! To thank you for taking this tour, we have a special offer. Mention special code "Hookslide Ale" to Tom (of the Usual Suspects) and he'll share some of his special tips for running a faster Good Times race for the discounted fee of one beer. That's a 50% savings off his usual consultation fee!

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Yeah great advice Tom......I remember warming up with you last year, this is a 6:45 pace. Just hold it for 3.1 miles and you're good. Yeah right, will you have a wheelchair waiting for me? Confused Black eye Angry Cry Dead Dead Dead Anyone predict I'll do under 30 minutes? I dont! Remember no promises of fast time, just a sticky Icky good time with bad jokes by Labrode, heart attacks at the finish optional. Beer strongly encouraged except for Doug.......wait a second......Did Doug ever give us a medical note from his doctor that he isn't allowed to drink? That's practically a crime around these parts!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked