Toronto and Beyond

MEC Race - Sunday January 27 (Read 37 times)

redleaf

Anyone doing this? There's a 5 and 10k

Link here

I didn't know they organized races.

MTA: fixed link

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I don't have any racing plans... haven't run a step since the Tannenbaum 10k.

Boo Jason!

redleaf

Trying again 'cause I was told the link still didn't work

Link here

I hope.

HF #4362

Link worked! I wonder whether it is timed or not. Looks like it might be fun though!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

redleaf

I think I'm going to sign up. I'm in a bit of a funk and this might help.

HF #4362

I think I'm going to sign up. I'm in a bit of a funk and this might help.

Hmmmmm........thinking....thinking...... 5k? 10k?

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

redleaf

Hmmmmm........thinking....thinking...... 5k? 10k?

I think the 5k for me. I'm following the novice 1 hal higdon plan for the 1/2 in St. Louis and it has be running a 5 k race next weekend so I figured it was close enough Smile

HF #4362

Go Pre!

I need to focus on my long runs, and Sundays are the day for that. But, for $15 I'd be ok to run there, do the race and run back. Hmmm, maybe maybe Smile

redleaf

I need to focus on my long runs, and Sundays are the day for that. But, for $15 I'd be ok to run there, do the race and run back. Hmmm, maybe maybe Smile

That'd be cool. You can sign up the morning of

HF #4362

Go Pre!

I was actually not paying close attention to the date. I was thinking it was a week later. This Sunday I am at the Robbie Burns 8k race. So 10k warmup, 8k race, 10k cool down to get the long run in. Should be an interesting day!

I don't think I'm race ready. Have fun Lisa!

redleaf

I don't think I'm race ready. Have fun Lisa!

Thanks. It's "only" a 5k but I'm going to try and go as fast as I can just to see what happens. I am trying to get Toby to come so if I need help getting home he's there.

I wonder if I'll get lapped by the 10k-ers? It's a two loop course for them.

HF #4362