Toronto and Beyond

Scotia Bank Marathon (Read 288 times)

redleaf

Sounds like a good time for a digital camera. A photo of the jersey perhaps?
    Here we go - kinda purpley. (I hope this works) I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Go Pre!

Now that is a standout Jersey.
      redleaf

Now that is a standout Jersey.
        Not to mention DH reminded me to take the picture right after I finished my last run! So there I am grinning like a goofball (ran 10:1s again 4 times after taking a week off!) stinking up my lovely jersey!

HF #4362

Just got back from the Expo, one of the most surprising things I saw there was, the 2:15 walk/run pace bunny. The guys running the marathon with this pace bunny must be just flying. Come on, run for 10 mins. walk for 1 min, repeat throughout and then finish in 2:15......unbelievable! Thankfully there are continuos and walk/run bunnies. However they alternate, ten minutes apart. Another thing I realized, the Garmins may well be useless. We'll be running 3 or 4 km under the highway, twice (Out and Back). When I ran under the highway last spring in the sporting life 10k, my garmin lost the satelite signal, now it did get it back when I came out from under the hwy but the time and pace was all screwed up. That was only for a few hundred metres and only once.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

I'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow. GOOD LUCK!!!!! P.R.'s all around! Big grin

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Nice job, Dave and Pat! (3:38 and 4:12 respectively). Damn fine efforts. Glad Jason and I could see you at the start and wish you good luck, Pat. Great effort on your first ever marathon. Anxious to get your report. Dave, not sure if you heard me yell at you or not (King and Bay). Awesome work, man. Congrats on a signficant PB.

Go Pre!

Nice job, Dave and Pat! (3:38 and 4:12 respectively). Damn fine efforts. Glad Jason and I could see you at the start and wish you good luck, Pat. Great effort on your first ever marathon. Anxious to get your report. Dave, not sure if you heard me yell at you or not (King and Bay). Awesome work, man. Congrats on a signficant PB.
                Thanks! Ya, good job to all. Went well for me, made a couple of stupid mistakes. 1. Wasted almost 2 minutes waiting at a porto-potty instead of using bushes then tried to hard too fast to make that time up right away. 2. I let a man down really get to me. I was pushing it at 37K and ran past a guy being helped on a stretcher. I immediately let it affect me and back right off and coasted in very comfortably not wanting to end up like him. Shit, I am healthy, a lot younger, and probably much better trained that that guy but, oh well - the mind is so powerful. Should have been able to pull off a > 3:35 easy. Other than that I am happy, and looking to get it closer to 3:30 at Toronto, as long as I recover nicely. Dave MTA: Dave, I heard yelling for my name but couldn't tell where it came from.

Go Pre!

Sorry I missed you guys at the start. I met up with my runing group and then spent the rest of the morning in line up for the potties. Let's try again soon, Toronto perhaps?
                    Congratulations guys! I am honoured and humbled to be in your company. Can I live vicariously through you? Cool One of my friends ran the 5 k and placed 10th in his age category. Considering the size of the field, a great accomplishment. Enjoy this beautiful day!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

redleaf

Congrats on your races guys! Nice to see Jason and Dave (I think? Blush) before the start. I did a race report here: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/2919bd45874c40bd87f71090f1f063d2#focus which has some photos of backstretch too!

HF #4362

Thanks guys, I put a modest report in the racing thread, wasn't all that thrilled with my time but hey it was my first, so I am happy. Great run Dave, Wow, you are doing fantastic the PB's are coming with every race. Good job Lisa, I was surprised wth your great time as wel,l congrats. Thank Toby again for the Gatorade I was surprised we'd see each other. Oh yeah and Lisa, you suck as a photographer, don't quit your day job Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Good runs, everyone! Well done! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

redleaf

Thanks guys, I put a modest report in the racing thread, wasn't all that thrilled with my time but hey it was my first, so I am happy. Great run Dave, Wow, you are doing fantastic the PB's are coming with every race. Good job Lisa, I was surprised wth your great time as wel,l congrats. Thank Toby again for the Gatorade I was surprised we'd see each other. Oh yeah and Lisa, you suck as a photographer, don't quit your day job Big grin
                            ;-P

HF #4362

Great running Pat and Dave! Well done!
                                Awesome, just awesome. I got jacked up watching this morning. Sort of made me wish I was racing. Put in a solid 21 mi. run on Sat ending along the Northshore Hills (Burlington - AtB route). That's the last really long run now until Oct 19. Wow, Dave. You've thrown down the gauntlet and raised the bar. We should give some thought to running GoodLife together to see how we could push one another (if I could keep up...). You're the man to beat. Pat, impressive first marathon. It will be interesting to see how you feel in three weeks. I recommend a 3 mi. recovery run tomorrow at around a 10-11 min/mi. pace. V-e-r-y s-l-o-w... Way to go everyone. Inspiring.