Toronto and Beyond

Backstretch is jogging back (Read 451 times)

Anyone running "The Underwear Affair", it's in two weeks I believe. Apparently the runners are encouraged to showup in underwear. Sounds provocative!

A friend of mine is running it.  She works for North York General.  I wanted to, but hate hitting my friends, family and co-workers up for money and you have to raise $400 + pay entry fee.  I think I'll go check out the route - sounds like a blast!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Wow, I didn't realize you had to raise $400. I did see something on one of their events where the top fund raisers were close to $6,000 and top teams raised $20,000. I don't know how the team thing works. It is only 10 k, so maybe there is 10 per team or something.

Go Pre!

Wow, I didn't realize you had to raise $400. I did see something on one of their events where the top fund raisers were close to $6,000 and top teams raised $20,000. I don't know how the team thing works. It is only 10 k, so maybe there is 10 per team or something.

That's a 'goal' - I don;t believe you actually have to raise it. I mean you can sign up without pre paying iut, so what are they going to do, track you down and bust your thumbs if ya don't pay?

That's a 'goal' - I don;t believe you actually have to raise it. I mean you can sign up without pre paying iut, so what are they going to do, track you down and bust your thumbs if ya don't pay?

Maybe they don't give you a bib?  There's also a post-race party that they talk up alot - maybe you don't get to go there?   Dunno.  Maybe Vito comes over and breaks your legs.    It's not like the hospital needs more business.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

so what are they going to do, track you down and bust your thumbs if ya don't pay?

Well as long as they didn't messup the knees, thumbs are useless anyway.