Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Does a flat route still count for Monkey Training? (Read 381 times)

Knowing the HHFM has a few hills, I've been planning all my runs on pretty much the most hilly routes I can come up with here in Manchester. It's definitely not like running in PWP, but more hilly than I usually run. It seems to me that I probably should run some runs on fairly flat courses to reduce the stress on my body and prevent injury. I'm able to run 4 times/week and on a good week 5 times. I'm thinking once a week it wouldn't hurt to run a flat route. Anybody else thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

Why is it sideways?

Good idea.
        Thanks Jeff...I stalked your running log - looks like your comeback is continuing. Achilles still feel ok?

Why is it sideways?

Yep. Probably did too much yesterday, but the second run was slow with wifey. I'm heading out for a nice jog right now. Stay consistent! I'll be watching your log, too.

The Thunder

Yeah Tony, I would throw at LEAST one flat run in there a week. Probably more.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I run (usually) every day and have 3 flats a week...Sometimes four if I'm feeling tweaky or if my long run was in PWP. But then, my hilly runs are all in PWP, so I may need more flat runs. But I'm with Thunder--I'd say probably more than one a week.

More than one a week.

I ran a flat 10 mile route last night and it felt good. My legs feel pretty rested today. Tanya - good point - your "hilly" run in PWP is a lot more hilly... This is my "hilly" 10 mile route
                    ...and this is my flat 10 mile route.
                      ...this one says, "I'm an unselfish lover"...and this one says, "I appreciate art." ... and this one says... - you're fired. Big grin
                        You're overthinking this whole monkey thing. Just run a bunch and you'll be fine.

Why is it sideways?

You're overthinking this whole monkey thing. Just run a bunch and you'll be fine you're gonna die anyways.
                          Fixed.
                            You're overthinking .
                            Something just drifted through the room. There was just a hint of irony in it.

You're overthinking this whole monkey thing. Just run a bunch and you'll be fine.
                              Nope - I just want to get to the start uninjured...and get to the finish before you do. Tongue Big grin

The Thunder

Nope - I just want to get to the start uninjured...and get to the finish before you do. Tongue Big grin
                                Good luck with that. That makes two of us!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…